Deliberate hit and run in Cradle - Help ID Culprit

Furbz

just a heads up:

we have a filled in Doctor letter. (we were unable to open a case without one?)

either way, to keep everything above board the Doctor has to submit the letter to the Police to ensure no tampering on our side.

we hope to have a case number soon.

do we have any hubbers who know how to deal with this in the correct legal manner?

My guess is that it's a criminal case so you just sit back and hope the police do their job (i.e. phone them once or twice a week for an update so you can hopefully keep some pressure on them). Realistically you're unlikely to get much more from it than giving him a bit of a scare and some inconvenience, but hopefully that's enough to make him think twice next time as "the system" might actually care about a repeat offender.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alleged perp has been identified

how was the alleged perp identified ?

camera? someone who knows someone ?

just curious.

just a heads up:

we have a filled in Doctor letter. (we were unable to open a case without one?)

either way, to keep everything above board the Doctor has to submit the letter to the Police to ensure no tampering on our side.

we hope to have a case number soon.

do we have any hubbers who know how to deal with this in the correct legal manner?

I can help fill with the medical form, but I am sure your doc is competent enough to do it - Chat to HarryN about the damages claim/s procedure - I have not used him professionally, but at least one of my mates has and the term "Bulldog" was used  :)

My guess is that it's a criminal case so you just sit back and hope the police do their job (i.e. phone them once or twice a week for an update so you can hopefully keep some pressure on them). Realistically you're unlikely to get much more from it than giving him a bit of a scare and some inconvenience, but hopefully that's enough to make him think twice next time as "the system" might actually care about a repeat offender.

pretty much what we are expecting.

i want the perp to get a good scare and hopefully next time think before he acts.

Unless he has a criminal record following this I think this would not change the drivers attitude towards cyclists. If anything it may make it worse.

That being said, you MUST continue with pressing charges.

Hope your old man is recovering at least.

Good luck.

When u find him let us all know who he is ... I bet the fat f $#@ couldnt even push a bike let alone ride one ...

pretty much what we are expecting.

i want the perp to get a good scare and hopefully next time think before he acts.

You can still appoint a lawyer ! He can follow up on the prosecution team and police easier than you. As v12man said ....in this country you have to follow up on everything - or nothing gets done. He will also be in the loop if you decide on a civil claim for damages. ( appoint a Criminal Lawyer )

Good luck and speedy recovery to your dad.

Edited by xcd

TBH I would like to get more information on this as I ride there often and have seen some of these guys who give you a "close shave" just to show who is boss in the cradle.

Who is this guy, where is he and what can we do to raise awareness. This is never going to stop and he is clearly aggrieved so as they say prevention is better than cure.

If we know where to be careful and who to be careful of then we can act in a way that would avoid confrontations.

Unless he has a criminal record following this I think this would not change the drivers attitude towards cyclists. If anything it may make it worse.

That being said, you MUST continue with pressing charges.

Hope your old man is recovering at least.

Good luck.

I think if he can at least get a suspended sentence - that way he'll be on tippy toes - knowing if he's charged again on the same offence he's gonna face some jail time.

I'm also curious how he was ID'd. Good samaritans in the community? The power of social media? 

TBH I would like to get more information on this as I ride there often and have seen some of these guys who give you a "close shave" just to show who is boss in the cradle.

Who is this guy, where is he and what can we do to raise awareness. This is never going to stop and he is clearly aggrieved so as they say prevention is better than cure.

If we know where to be careful and who to be careful of then we can act in a way that would avoid confrontations.