Name and shame the litterbugs

Pall Catt

The race organisers should have roving marshalls on motorbikes with go-pros, that ride randomly behind bunches, watch footage after the race, any person seen littering gets a DNF time (or a two hour time penalty added to his actual time )and a ban from next years event.

If organisers make this known via banners and on entry forms then the inconsiderate tonsils that litter may think twice about doing it during the race.

Just a suggestion.

Edited by Coolspin

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you'd expect better for a guy on a Nago, disappointing.......

So I'm not a roadie...a saddle bag? Isn't that breaking some code? It doesn't even match the kit or bike!

So I'm not a roadie...a saddle bag? Isn't that breaking some code? It doesn't even match the kit or bike!

Worse, the colour of the saddle is Bianchi Celeste, Colnagos' biggest rival! Bad! Like painting a Ferrari British racing green, just not done!  :thumbdown:  ;)  :D

Worse, the colour of the saddle is Bianchi Celeste, Colnagos' biggest rival! Bad! Like painting a Ferrari British racing green, just not done!  :thumbdown:  ;)  :D

looking at him and then all the mistakes made... he is clearly trying too hard.

Shame he probably got "buddy doped" to that start group also. :lol:

Edited by s14phoenix

I actually think that overall we do a pretty good job of keeping the trails and roads clean. Been participating in events for 4 years now and I have never seen anyone throw a wrapper down. I'm usually in the middle of the field if not the first 2/3 and while I do see the occasional wrapper it's infrequent enough to believe that it could happen accidentally. 

Could it be that most of us love the outdoors enough to respect it? Runs counter to my overall negative opinion of the human animal ....

The race organisers should have roving marshalls on motorbikes with go-pros, that ride randomly behind bunches, watch footage after the race, any person seen littering gets a DNF time (or a two hour time penalty added to his actual time )and a ban from next years event.

If organisers make this known via banners and on entry forms then the inconsiderate tonsils that litter may think twice about doing it during the race.

Just a suggestion.

I’m glad you think race organisers have the resources to do this, as well as the time to sift through the video footage.

A saddlebag and Shimano on a Nago, I would have been giving him an earful long before the littering

What about the chrome handlebar ends ????...maybe his saddlebag had his blue balls in there ????

I’m glad you think race organisers have the resources to do this, as well as the time to sift through the video footage.

Have seen cycle clubs in the cradle with bikes that stop traffic etc while riders come through intersections, these are training rides ( no resources ).

If the motorbike rider never saw any littering, no need to review any footage.

So like I said in my post, was just a suggestion, what is yours?

juuuust checking, is it acceptable to chuck banana peels in the bushes while riding?

Depends on your ethic. I was brought up on the 'leave only footprints and take only memories' ethic. In fact we had a debate about leaving eggshells recently. My old man reckoned that the calcium is good for the soil. I packed them out.

So in short, to me, not acceptable.

Depends on your ethic. I was brought up on the 'leave only footprints and take only memories' ethic. In fact we had a debate about leaving eggshells recently. My old man reckoned that the calcium is good for the soil. I packed them out.

So in short, to me, not acceptable.

Interesting.. I'm with Vetseun on this, don't see any issue with chucking banana peels. 

Litter relates to any item that should go in a bin. Organics still take weeks or months to break down. Imagine a beach filled with banana peels and other organic matter waiting to decompose. Most people wouldn't chuck a peel in their garden, or their parents or workplace garden just "sommer".

Zapit in a Zibi!

Don't litter. Trash it!