MTB Front / Rear tyre combinations

GavS

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes B.

If you did C then you may as well throw the Crossmark away because you won't ever put it back.

Yes B.

If you did C then you may as well throw the Crossmark away because you won't ever put it back.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Trail tyre feedback - I've had two months now of varied riding and all I can say is that the combo of a Vigilante up front and Trail boss at the rear works! The vigilante clings on with guts at what every its rolling on and hook up on the trail boss is phenomenal, very happy indeed.

The vigilante clings on with guts at what every its rolling on 

In case I haven't mentioned it lately - I love my Vigilante - wish I'd upgraded sooner. 

It's like that clingy ex that messages you 10x a day and just won't let go ;) 

Option 1 would be better as an all round option, though I wouldn't do conti.

Onza ibex and canis combo gets my vote...

I have Canis 2.25 (27.5) front and rear and coming up to replace.

Would you say I should stay with Onza? If so, should I do 2.35 Front and keep 2.25 rear. I am assuming the Ibex should go on the front.

I have Canis 2.25 (27.5) front and rear and coming up to replace.

Would you say I should stay with Onza? If so, should I do 2.35 Front and keep 2.25 rear. I am assuming the Ibex should go on the front.

I would say 2.35 on the rear and 2.25 on the front.

• 3 months later...

I currently have crossmark LUST's front and rear (first time going tubeless and got a good deal on them with new bike) and looking to change front to an Ardent or Ardent Race.

What technology type are people running on the Ardents with this combo as it seems that there is no LUST version of the Ardent available in SA! Is the TR EXO etc. As durable as the LUST or better???

I currently have crossmark LUST's front and rear (first time going tubeless and got a good deal on them with new bike) and looking to change front to an Ardent or Ardent Race.

What technology type are people running on the Ardents with this combo as it seems that there is no LUST version of the Ardent available in SA! Is the TR EXO etc. As durable as the LUST or better???

LUST is very strong but very heavy. Exo is not as strong but is strong enough and much lighter. Go for Ardent Race exo front and Ikon exo rear.

LUST is very strong but very heavy. Exo is not as strong but is strong enough and much lighter. Go for Ardent Race exo front and Ikon exo rear.

Thanks ;)

Any reason why the Race is better than the standard version? I am after grip and have read that rolling resistance should not be a factor on a front tyre!

I am a heavy bugger so weight is not an issue. I have also just forked out on a new bike so only wanting to change the front as the current crossmarks are new.

Edited by Mr lee

Please tell me this was a weak attempt at a troll... 

Bro, have you ever even seen a dirt bike?

Thanks ;)

Any reason why the Race is better than the standard version? I am after grip and have read that rolling resistance should not be a factor on a front tyre!

I am a heavy bugger so weight is not an issue. I have also just forked out on a new bike so only wanting to change the front as the current crossmarks are new.

No reason at all. It has smaller, shorter & more closely spaced knobs. Would not rate it as a front tire over the likes of the normal ardent or a minion or high roller.