Dopers suck

fandacious

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is quite a 'pivot'. Bit of an odd move really, don't think there'd be much in pro boxing for someone with no credentials, but I guess you make some hasty decisions in situations like this.

You got to feel for the guys running her MTB team, signed up 1st Feb.. pinged 3rd of March, not good for sponsor opportunities

For sure, more so that for at least two years her ban excludes any boxing competition at pro/sanctioned level.

She hasn't been listed on the team for some months. Amy Beth, Samantha Sanders and Nico Pfitsen Phfitzen... Nico. Are the team.
Super stoked for Amy and Sam, both great riders and approachable down to earth people. Would be an impressive team lineup if they'd been able to keep Candice Lill and Vera Adrian as well. 

Out of competition testing only works if the testers can find the athlete. Only XCO MTBrs on whereabouts. Bio-passport not really working as we saw with Kreuzinger. Athletes are light years ahead of doping control.  

Lucky the sport is much cleaner now, new generation etc 

Sure, but that's a violation in it's own. There are a few marathon and road riders on whereabouts too, not just XCO. 

The Kreuzinger case is something wholly different on it's own as a topic and raises many questions about the greater science (way over my understanding) and procedure, but it isn't an indication of the overall effectiveness one way or the other of the bio-passport.

Let's hope so, difficult to quantify but it is my feeling as well. 

Saw this on my Twitter feed (promoted item). Isn’t this just another I Play Fair or whatever it was called?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so you may not ride the epic,life ban,but you can still represent your country,as per csa,check out the sa team selection for marathon worlds ?

Come now..... If we going to throw stones then let's include a mitchelton Scott rider too

You mean the cycling god with incompetent pharmacist who could possibly be contaminating our children’s pills.

My friend was part of a team in a large team event containing the doper above. I understand hearsay, and know the difference between correlation and causality, but at the time her comment was the lady was a monumental pain in the butt and more importantly, hyper-competitive. Sometimes that is all it takes to make one take the wrong path

I'm not sure this is fair on other athletes who are likely to be equally competitive, but make different choices, because it is a CHOICE, at the end of the day, and one that is made with the full understanding of its gravity.  It goes to the character of the person who is prepared to say "To hell with the consequences, I'm going to do this", because the ripples extend far beyond the individual rider's career.  This thread makes that pretty clear - the other team riders, the coach, the sponsors' continued appetite to associate with the sport etc etc.  Very selfish, self-centered and in the final analysis, @ssholish.  Certainly supports your friend's comment about the personality of Carmen

It is quite a 'pivot'. Bit of an odd move really, don't think there'd be much in pro boxing for someone with no credentials, but I guess you make some hasty decisions in situations like this.

You got to feel for the guys running her MTB team, signed up 1st Feb.. pinged 3rd of March, not good for sponsor opportunities

I think this is the most damaging thing in these cases.  Its not like professional cycling in SA is a utopian paradise of opportunity for good athletes, getting snapped up left right and centre by armies of sponsors just waiting to smother good riders with cash, kit and careers.  It's such a fragile and unforgiving landscape that the anger and reviling of dopers like Carmen is more than justified, because they really do F#$K it up for the few who are trying to make their way in the sport.

Edited by PygaSchmyga

I'm not sure this is fair on other athletes who are likely to be equally competitive, but make different choices, because it is a CHOICE, at the end of the day, and one that is made with the full understanding of its gravity. It goes to the character of the person who is prepared to say "To hell with the consequences, I'm going to do this", because the ripples extend far beyond the individual rider's career. This thread makes that pretty clear - the other team riders, the coach, the sponsors' continued appetite to associate with the sport etc etc. Very selfish, self-centered and in the final analysis, @ssholish. Certainly supports your friend's comment about the personality of Carmen

I think this is the most damaging thing in these cases. Its not like professional cycling in SA is a utopian paradise of opportunity for good athletes, getting snapped up left right and centre by armies of sponsors just waiting to smother good riders with cash, kit and careers. It's such a fragile and unforgiving landscape that the anger and reviling of dopers like Carmen is more than justified, because they really do F#$K it up for the few who are trying to make their way in the sport.

Good point. Wonder if anybody has thanked her for the damage done!

Edit: just have, I expect a blocking soon

Edited by Patchelicious