Dopers suck

fandacious

Just a general question - Why do we always say the coach & partner would have / should have known?

Surely it can be possible to dope without them knowing?

Especially if its done in a way that your increase in performance is incremental over a time period and not sudden.

The coach would surely see the rider's data...?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a general question - Why do we always say the coach & partner would have / should have known?

Especially if its done in a way that your increase in performance is incremental over a time period and not sudden.

Of course its possible. The possibility should be the gauging factor, but rather the likelihood.

As a training partner would know, all of a sudden massive gains... 

I always have to think about the partners though, would they know about the doping. Surely if train together should do...

For the guys that get thrown together last minute, prob not. But If all of a sudden Arron was dropping me on the flats i would call WADA.

Partners have little or no clue generally speaking if there’s concealment from their training partners

A bit off topic, but I see Serena Williams again had a hissy fit about being tested, for a 6th time, this year and has shown that its double than any other tennis player.

Shame, these poor tennis players.

PS Performance can be concealed too until it really matters ‍♀

Maybe Savages do not have the restraint to conceal performance. I mean, who wants to pay for coffee?

As a training partner would know, all of a sudden massive gains... 

And if there aren't sudden massive gains? If the gains are gradual I'm sure you can hide it from your coach & partner(s)

Of course its possible. The possibility should be the gauging factor, but rather the likelihood.

Again - unless there is an obvious & unexplained "jump" in your performances I cannot imagine it be that hard to conceal, but I guess only a coach who was involved with a doping athlete would really be able to answer this.

thanks for clearing that up - like I said - its hardly likely that his trajectory as a coach would be risked on any one athlete - regardless of their potential

still cant get my head around the risk/ reward trade-off going on here, I am sort of hoping that its a horrible mix up - but then all of these cases seem to have that element to them

all said - I am glad the system is working - if for nothing else that those who are honest might be feeling that it is worthwhile  

I suspect many people are getting away with it ie: the risk of getting caught is not that high, but the rewards are. Which then implies that the system is not working.

So after the test was done in March, do you just hope they wont pick anything up?

If you never hear back from them they picked up nothing.

If you hear from them it is trouble.

I wonder how long it takes from giving the sample to getting word from them.

Maybe Savages do not have the restraint to conceal performance. I mean, who wants to pay for coffee?

And bananaaaa bread

The stakes are high

Edited by 'Dale

Do these athletes that dope not do it to aid recovery , as opposed to big gains ??

So if they can recovery well/quickly , then they can train harder/longer ??

Anyway glad another one got caught .....