Dopers suck

fandacious

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure this is fair on other athletes who are likely to be equally competitive, but make different choices, because it is a CHOICE, at the end of the day, and one that is made with the full understanding of its gravity. It goes to the character of the person who is prepared to say "To hell with the consequences, I'm going to do this", because the ripples extend far beyond the individual rider's career. This thread makes that pretty clear - the other team riders, the coach, the sponsors' continued appetite to associate with the sport etc etc. Very selfish, self-centered and in the final analysis, @ssholish. Certainly supports your friend's comment about the personality of Carmen

I think this is the most damaging thing in these cases. Its not like professional cycling in SA is a utopian paradise of opportunity for good athletes, getting snapped up left right and centre by armies of sponsors just waiting to smother good riders with cash, kit and careers. It's such a fragile and unforgiving landscape that the anger and reviling of dopers like Carmen is more than justified, because they really do F#$K it up for the few who are trying to make their way in the sport.

Totally agree with you. My use of 'make' was incorrect - I meant it to be a weakness of character, or a positive trait of being competitive taken to the extreme. But I am sure she is experiencing a truth injection which might benefit her long term growth.

Old news.  :rolleyes:

There's probably 10 more cases again..... ;)  :D  

The article was updated with comment from the cyclist.

Seems pretty silly!

“Unfortunately during the periods when I was very sick I was treated with the banned substances (except red cells) and many others to do anything to improve my health or try to. Unfortunately I didn’t hand my license in which was a huge mistake while being treated.

“I find it painful that ASADA are intent on labelling me as a cheat. While I was wrong I was just trying to get any kind of quality of life.”

The article was updated with comment from the cyclist.

Seems pretty silly!

“Unfortunately during the periods when I was very sick I was treated with the banned substances (except red cells) and many others to do anything to improve my health or try to. Unfortunately I didn’t hand my license in which was a huge mistake while being treated.

“I find it painful that ASADA are intent on labelling me as a cheat. While I was wrong I was just trying to get any kind of quality of life.”

That is VERBATIM the same argument that doper Kevan Evans used - these guys must really believe their own BS to come up with such bollocks.

That is VERBATIM the same argument that doper Kevan Evans used - these guys must really believe their own BS to come up with such bollocks.

Speaking of BS - Brandon "my health is more important than my racing" Stewart also used the standard line.

SA doesn't have a great history when it comes to doping!

As a training partner would know, all of a sudden massive gains...

You would think so, but when it happens it’s not so obvious.... been there and seen that movie.

Usually there are other factors like increased time spent training that seem to justify the gains...

Doctor ferrari living in hout bay now

He'd really like to meet him, my friend that is...

Edited by CAAD4

Doctor ferrari living in hout bay now

Serious?

He knows his stuff, back in 2003 i subscribed to a training programme with him via 53x12com

Still active on his forum...but then again it might not be the Dr (maybe his brother)

You would think so, but when it happens it’s not so obvious.... been there and seen that movie.

Usually there are other factors like increased time spent training that seem to justify the gains...

Nope saw it before my eyes.training buddy losing 1kg a week and gaining power at the same time. One week I was the dropper the next the droppee.

Attitude became more aggressive.

So I asked the question "are you doping" and got the middle finger...

After sudden cash flushness ranout so did the form.

This person was being coached in Cape town and used the services of a "nutrition expert"

Do you perhaps know where? Asking for a friend...

look for the line of glowing cyclist making their way up chappies at 80km/h!

So after getting flamed on the tour thread, I figured I would come here and give insight on my hatred for doping.

I was not chirping G, actually prefer him as a winner to be brutally honest.

I watched a close friend and his family give everything for him to try become a pro cyclist, he came 2nd and 3rd for many years at various events not quite making it and then after 7 years one of the guys that beat him week in and week out was bust doping....

Anyway the guy could have been clean back when he was beating my friend.

Would those 2nds have changed his life if they were 1sts and would his current sponsorship deal be any better? Would his life be very different now?

Try think of who should have won the 99-05 tour de frances? most will battle to remember, but you all remember LA, I feel for that poor guy too, he didn't get the million dollar sponsorship and a pose in yellow in Paris...