Dopers suck

fandacious

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why you getting so worked up dude? Do you know the rider that is appealing?

Not at all, just pointing out some facts to a post that seems to be alluding something else. Unless I misinterepeted.

I don't know the rider that's appealing no

Shan't case isn't published yet. If I missed something please point me in the direction of the findings

Probably a lot of notarising documentation and a matter of formalising all the relevant paperwork etc before it's loaded onto the SAIDS site. 

But notification of the case and findings were published.  

http://www.drugfreesport.org.za/saids-probe-nets-three-for-doping-violations/

https://www.bikehub.co.za/features/_/news/industry-news/shan-wilson-served-six-year-ban-for-doping-violations-r7513

Who wasn't at some point... he's been in the mix for a good two decades plus

SHAN WILSON 

• Represented South Africa at World Marathon Championships
  • Springbok Colours 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
  • Captain of the South African MTB team 2003 and 2004
  • 12 at the Trans Alp Challenge 2004
  • 2nd Masters in the Trans Alp Challenge 2007
  • Completed 11 Cape Epics and placed top 20 in all
  • Cape Epic 2004 – 3rd Overall
  • Cape Epic 2005 – 5th
  • Cape Epic 2006 – 10th and 1 stage win
  • Cape Epic 2007 – 10th
  • Cape Epic 2010 – winner of masters category
  • Multiple SA Champion in XCountry and marathon
Only removing all his results from 2014 :-( But makes you question all his results going back.

I'd really like to see a client list surface. Just thinking about the people associated with these busted riders and wondering if they are blissfully unaware or complicit and then who is complicit with those individuals. Just makes one think about your competitors in a different light.

Finally Shan Wilson gets his comeuppance...

I wonder who the mysterious national level cyclist is? I wonder if he super tucks?

The whispers one hears are routinely confirmed. Back in the day, I heard whispers about a lot of people - Brandon Stewart, Shan, Kevin Evans, David George among them. There's a few more which I am sure we will see exposed as time goes on.

Whispers of smoke...I always used to laugh at Brandon's wife Brigitte who was vociferous about how talking openly about dopers was 'bad for the sport'. Nah love, doping is 'bad for the sport', although I'm not quite sure how. Spose if you have a livelihood depending on it, maybe, but for the rest of us, we ride our bikes regardless.

Ok I feel better now. Its just the drugs that separates them from me

[climbs into smug mobile and rolls off in silence]

I remember some oke commenting about how going up Hekpoort back in the 90s and fit as he could be, he was left panting and sukkeling like a little girl while the likes of Sean van Zyl were sprinting the living sheet out of the hill...and how he now knows he never stood a chance. Also remember Jonty Goldin, after SA champs down in PE, must have been 1991 maybe and JG had finished in the medals, stressing about the possibility of a test. Wondered why he was so nervous, in those days us laaities from KZN literally had bread, water, a banana and a third hand Hansom,Alpina or Exocet with a Frankenstein groupset which featured everything from Exage to Dura Ace hand-me-downs....

I'd really like to see a client list surface. Just thinking about the people associated with these busted riders and wondering if they are blissfully unaware or complicit and then who is complicit with those individuals. Just makes one think about your competitors in a different light.

Dude, they won’t even release the guys name cause he is appealing! Do you think SAIDS is going to release a clients list?

They don’t even have man power to slam dunk cases like this, never mind dealing with dozens of Lance wannabe vets all threatening to sue.

Dude, they won’t even release the guys name cause he is appealing! Do you think SAIDS is going to release a clients list?

They don’t even have man power to slam dunk cases like this, never mind dealing with dozens of Lance wannabe vets all threatening to sue.

Leave me to my Monday pipe dreams man

They offered him a reduction in his sentence if he gave up names. He basically told them to f-off....

Every time they had some mtb race on stupid sport and his name popped up he was referred to as a "legend of the sport". I would just cringe. Good riddance I say!

They offered him a reduction in his sentence if he gave up names. He basically told them to f-off....

Every time they had some mtb race on stupid sport and his name popped up he was referred to as a "legend of the sport". I would just cringe. Good riddance I say!

If he gave up names he kills his supply business. Now he just doesn't race but still makes money selling :-(

Retroactively go test all his race partners and anyone associated with him through coaching etc. That would be a good start.  At 50 does he really care about a 6 year ban. Never really coming back to top end of the sport at almost 60. They should find a more meaningful punishment. Sue him for all sponsorship money, winnings, fraud. Freeze his bank accounts. Then offer him a deal.

What is interesting is that whistleblowers were involved. Rumours don't really help if you don't tell the authorities.

Good to see some taking a zero tolerance stance

They should do that to all dopers. Especially LA. In fact they should throw him in jail for what he has done.

Pipe dreams. Not even Zuma, Jooste or the Guptas saw the insides of a jail.