Dopers suck

fandacious

9 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Usually that’s for biological passport purposes 

That's the routine random testing? I'm curious to know if the test done straight after or before a stage actually measure haemocrit levels or whether they are just checking for the presence of a range of known substances.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did that other guy with 7 yellow jerseys hanging on his wall also claim to have been subjected to  frequent drug testing

2 hours ago, Mamil said:

When jumbo says that ving had 4 blood tests administered in the 24 hours around the time trial do we know what those tests measure? Are they substance screens? Haemocrit levels. Is this info public?

they will be checking for Whiskey.

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

they will be checking for Whiskey.

Wasn't it Jack Daniels or Bourbon ?

3 hours ago, Mamil said:

That's the routine random testing? I'm curious to know if the test done straight after or before a stage actually measure haemocrit levels or whether they are just checking for the presence of a range of known substances.

No it’s not routine, it’s random when subjected to doping control the athlete can be asked  to pee in the cup only or be asked for blood samples as well . Bloods are usually random at an event  while the pee is routine for an event.

when out of competition testing is conducted then bloods and pee are routine.

5 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

No it’s not routine, it’s random when subjected to doping control the athlete can be asked  to pee in the cup only or be asked for blood samples as well . Bloods are usually random at an event  while the pee is routine for an event.

when out of competition testing is conducted then bloods and pee are routine.

Do we know which tests are done on the blood?

4 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

did that other guy with 7 yellow jerseys hanging on his wall also claim to have been subjected to  frequent drug testing

please don't bring the greatest cyclist that ever lived into this.

Blood tests are normally used as markers on the bio passport, not so much as an in-competition revelation as a PR exercise, since any real doping would be out of competition. 

That said, such testing is not indicative of doping or suspicion thereof. Standard practice at the sharp end of a global sporting event.

1 hour ago, The Ouzo said:

Human / Not Human

They should rather check for radioactivity.... def. not Human

9 hours ago, Mamil said:

Do we know which tests are done on the blood?

Haematology isn’t my area but the main focus is on determining haematocrit level,  blood plasma I.e checks for any artificial blood variants and indications of transfusions through checking various  blood markers. They can also look for masking agents and look at structure of red blood cells that are anomalous.  

Edited by DieselnDust

I know there's supposedly that "golden hour" recovery window but I'm often intrigued by how a team soigneur/DS will rush up to a (most often road) rider and rush to give him a can etc which gets literally downed. I know sometimes they might have run out of juice but I also wonder what Muti might be in their to either dilute or flush something....maybe I'm just skeptical....

15 minutes ago, love2fly said:

I know there's supposedly that "golden hour" recovery window but I'm often intrigued by how a team soigneur/DS will rush up to a (most often road) rider and rush to give him a can etc which gets literally downed. I know sometimes they might have run out of juice but I also wonder what Muti might be in their to either dilute or flush something....maybe I'm just skeptical....

well if there's doping control then its usually water with electrolyte to help the rider pass urine. The doping control officer literally stands there waiting for you to take a slash into the cup. The riders will generally conduct a warm down and drink as much as possible, water, to get the sample out of the way as quickly as possible. If you can't pass a representative size sample they follow you around like ghosts.

46 minutes ago, love2fly said:

I think you're right to be skeptical. Unfortunately, you have to be a cynic to watch professional sport these days. 

52 minutes ago, love2fly said:

It’s an elderberry anti-oxidant something mix that assists with inflammation etc.

16 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

I think you're right to be skeptical. Unfortunately, you have to be a cynic to watch professional sport these days. 

Yip, I'm with you on that and it's sad. I was LA's biggest fan and hated him for the huge betrayal, but the realisation that most were doping and time passes, mean I watch his The Move podcast religeously through each grand tour. 

When one competitor shines way above all the rest, I maybe default to those days of gross dishonesty. They even catch teams cheating in NASCAR and as a past motor racing competitor I've seen ways to cheat one would never dream of ...🙂