Dopers suck

fandacious

The 2022 PTO US Open winner Collin Chartier has been suspended for three years by the International Testing Agency (ITA) after testing positive for EPO in an out-of-competition doping test on 10 February 2023.

IRONMAN is the first private, non federation sports company to formally adhere to the World Anti-Doping Code.

In a statement released by Chartier, the American shared that he has no plans to ever return to professional racing and takes full responsibility for his actions. His early admission of guilt is the reason for a three-year, rather than the typical four-year, period of ineligibility.

In a post shared on Instagram immediately after the news broke, Chartier detailed what made him resort to the use of a performance enhancing drug, sharing he started using it “in November”. (ja right, and we all believe him)

Chartier shocked the triathlon world last September at the PTO US Open when he followed his victory at IRONMAN Mont Tremblant the month before to take the win in one of the most competitive middle distance races of 2022, along with the $100k prize purse. He is currently at #14 in the latest world rankings.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Interestingly enough 2 fishermen in the states have been jailed for cheating in a fishing tournament. $2500 fine, 10 days in jail, 18 months of probation and the one had to hand in his $100 000 fishing boat. All for putting a few lead weights in a fish to make it heavier at weigh in.(fishing doping)

Untill one of these big name cyclists and the team and the doctors and managers and coaches are sitting in jail for serious time, doping will go on and on.

16 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

Doping in horse racing is a dance as old as time itself.

Interesting you say that, when I started cycling in the late 80's rumour has it that's where most guys were getting their dodgy stuff from. 

Equine steroids was a thing for them apparently 🤷‍♂️

23 hours ago, dave303e said:

Interestingly enough 2 fishermen in the states have been jailed for cheating in a fishing tournament. $2500 fine, 10 days in jail, 18 months of probation and the one had to hand in his $100 000 fishing boat. All for putting a few lead weights in a fish to make it heavier at weigh in.(fishing doping)

Untill one of these big name cyclists and the team and the doctors and managers and coaches are sitting in jail for serious time, doping will go on and on.

Reminds of Mark Twain (was it?) storey of weighting the opponents frog with a bit of lead shot in a frog jumping compo.

On 4/26/2023 at 3:58 PM, FootballingCyclist said:

20230426_155341.jpg

20230426_155431.jpg

20230426_155356.jpg

I have major respect for this guy. He made a flaw, but stood up and apologized. That is what a real man does.

On 5/19/2023 at 8:59 AM, NotSoBigBen said:

Interesting you say that, when I started cycling in the late 80's rumour has it that's where most guys were getting their dodgy stuff from. 

Equine steroids was a thing for them apparently 🤷‍♂️

This is a serious discussion, stop horsing around! 😁

On 4/19/2023 at 3:15 PM, Underachiever said:

Brakpan, Benoni, Boksburg - also known as the Bermoerde Triangle!!!

I reckon the Brakistan schools rugby is just naturally fierce....I'd to be k@k scared to play against any of them...🙂