Dopers suck

fandacious

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/10/2024 at 3:58 PM, Danger Dassie said:

Off market is not entirely correct, it’s found within a number of prescribed medications.
The actual hearing doc can be found here, unfortunately doubt most will bother to read it; https://drugfreesport.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/Award-SAIDS-v-Amy-Wakefield_.pdf

Man I'm no English major/lawyer, but "can", "deemed", "perceptions". 

It's like saying that a lighter bike might make you faster up Chappies. 

Still sucks. I hate to sugest it, but is she a relation to a specific JWakefield?

Screenshot 2024-04-12 114702.png

45 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Man I'm no English major/lawyer, but "can", "deemed", "perceptions". 

It's like saying that a lighter bike might make you faster up Chappies. 

Still sucks. I hate to sugest it, but is she a relation to a specific JWakefield?

Screenshot 2024-04-12 114702.png

Amy is married to John's brother. It's worth noting that John has no involvement in Amy's life and has never provided her with any guidance or support. In fact, John has had close to zero contact with his brother over the past year or so.

7 minutes ago, Donovan Le Cok said:

Amy is married to John's brother. It's worth noting that John has no involvement in Amy's life and has never provided her with any guidance or support. In fact, John has had close to zero contact with his brother over the past year or so.

Thanks for the clarification. We'll leave it there.

It's sad to hear that that is their reality.

On 4/10/2024 at 3:30 PM, Jewbacca said:

So I see Amy Wakefield has received a 4 year ban for taking the illegal and off market phentermine....

Sjoe.

That is not a story I expected to see. Through a totally non cycling related conversation someone told me that she had been convinced by a therapist that pro cycling is pretty crazy. On the balance of things it is insane. The decision had been made to step back and move on with the rest of her life. Seemed reasonable in my mind.

This was all hearsay, so I didn't comment on any of the speculation on why she hadn't been racing/returning to Epic.

So I am surprised to see what actually happened, and all of this going on behind the scenes. I guess there are reasons for it, but almost a year for the decision to be made is surely too long. I'm not sure if the stolen bike in europe incident happened with all of this going around at the same time.

...too many of the kids linked to a certain coaching empire come up dirty.....I count 4 in the last decade...the empire has shapeshifted / crumbled / reinvented over time, but the smudge remains

1 minute ago, Blahblah said:

...too many of the kids linked to a certain coaching empire come up dirty.....I count 4 in the last decade...the empire has shapeshifted / crumbled / reinvented over time, but the smudge remains

David, Kevin, Rourke, Shan, Amy. There might be more.

1 minute ago, Blahblah said:

David, Kevin, Rourke, Shan, Amy. There might be more.

Wasn't Shan the one dealing? He was certainly the man behind the curtain with Carmen.

Pretty sure Davie was doping hard when he rode with Lance and Kev was doping more than a decade ago..... Please Emma, no letters for this!

I'd question the association or whether or not the 'top tier' are all intertwined and associated in some way due to the nature of the sport and the size of the proverbial pond. 

7 minutes ago, Blahblah said:

Please define “coaching empire” ?

15 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Wasn't Shan the one dealing? He was certainly the man behind the curtain with Carmen.

Pretty sure Davie was doping hard when he rode with Lance and Kev was doping more than a decade ago..... Please Emma, no letters for this!

I'd question the association or whether or not the 'top tier' are all intertwined and associated in some way due to the nature of the sport and the size of the proverbial pond. 

Personally I found it more likely that Kevin started doping at the tail-end of his career when age & failing health started catching up with him. The amateurish way he went about it makes it very unlikely that he was getting away with it for a long time, definitely not Dr Ferrari level stuff going on.

If I recall correctly this "coaching empire " was even involved with burry in his prime.... drastic weight loss amongst most athletes noted. If I recall they worked with bonitas  who had pieter seyfretts pop for dieting drugs...  

1 minute ago, Skubarra said:

Personally I found it more likely that Kevin started doping at the tail-end of his career when age & failing health started catching up with him. The amateurish way he went about it makes it very unlikely that he was getting away with it for a long time, definitely not Dr Ferrari level stuff going on.

I distinctly remember the weekend Davie George was bust in 2013. Kev was on the start line of the Zuurberg MTB race and entered for the Herald the next day.

News filtered in of the positive result and suddenly he was gone. The 360 life banners gone. I believe he was suddenly incredibly ill and unavailable for comment or interview but not at home for a while....

The timing and suddenness of the illness was always a little too convenient.

IMHO he doped for a long time. The Emma Sadleir letters also kind of indicated he had a lot to hide. 

20 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I distinctly remember the weekend Davie George was bust in 2013. Kev was on the start line of the Zuurberg MTB race and entered for the Herald the next day.

News filtered in of the positive result and suddenly he was gone. The 360 life banners gone. I believe he was suddenly incredibly ill and unavailable for comment or interview but not at home for a while....

The timing and suddenness of the illness was always a little too convenient.

IMHO he doped for a long time. The Emma Sadleir letters also kind of indicated he had a lot to hide. 

I base my opinion on how amateurish it was done rather than on the believe that he had a great moral compass in his younger years.

Not sure one can read too much on what happened the day David was busted, wasn't it based on new tests that were done on old samples? Sure the same tests would have been done on Kevin's samples as well

My theory but that said, not exactly a hill I would choose to die on. 

1 hour ago, babse said:

Shyoh i was a fanboy of Prime (doped) KE and DG. 

Watched "An Epic Tale" documentary at least 5 times 😂

And I enjoyed it too. Served its purpose. At least DG just said “ ok you got me, sorry it was stupid.” And moved on.

It’s worth watching the documentary on Red Bull tv about Fluckiger experience in 22 and 23 for the other side