Dopers suck

fandacious

Another case, why would someone who does not have a racing license and comes in 15th be tested or am I missing something?

Edit: Grammer

Edited by Quagga

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading some these doping cases, is it just that think they are not professionally written?

Like this? And the fact that there were spelling mistakes?

I also picked up a number of spelling and grammer mistakes in MK's report, and english is not my strong point!

Edited by GaryvdM

Another case, why would someone who does not have a racing license and comes in 15th be test or am I missing something?

Most likely a tip-off.

Most likely a tip-off.

SAIDS cries they dont have enough money to test the pro's then they waste money on 15th and and someone who finshed an Epic stage with like 2 minutes to cut off?

Edited by Quagga

Another case, why would someone who does not have a racing license and comes in 15th be tested or am I missing something?

Edit: Grammer

SAIDS cries they dont have enough money to test the pro's then they wast moeny on 15th and and 2 minutest before cut -ff on and Epic stage ? Eish

Lets not forget that SAIDS are NOT the bad guys here. 

Lets not forget that SAIDS are NOT the bad guys here. 

Not sayin that at all just aksing a few q's

1. Why are they testing non licensed rider with full time jobs?

2. Can they not write a more profession report?

3. On some of those cases they dont seem to agreed if the person is guilty or not but still gives 4 year ban etc.

3. On some of those cases they dont seem to agreed if the person is guilty or not but still gives 4 year ban etc.

Can you give us some examples of this?

Can you give us some examples of this?

In my 1st screenshots.

Read the case wrt Zanmare Terblanche 

Edit look here

post-31289-0-95655400-1540203910_thumb.jpg

Edited by Quagga

In my 1st screenshots.

Read the case wrt Zanmare Terblanche 

Edit look here

attachicon.gifpost-31289-0-66673400-1540201318.jpg

I think you're getting cases mixed up - I can't find the part you quoted in the SAIDS versus Zanmare download.

Zanmare was popped at Gauteng Track Champ and waived her right to be at her defence - SAIDS found her guilty in absentia. Pretty open and shut case:

After her event on 15 March 2015, the Respondent was subjected to an incompetition doping test. The Doping Control Form was properly completed and the urine sample collected from the Respondent was duly sent to the South African Doping Control Laboratory in Bloemfontein for analysis. The analysis of the Respondent’s “A sample” returned an adverse analytical finding in that it revealed the presence of Methandienone LT, a metabolite of the anabolic agent Methandienone, in her urine. Methandienone is listed under class S1 of the World Anti-Doping Agency prohibited list, which is incorporated into the rules by Article 4.1.

I think you're getting cases mixed up - I can't find the part you quoted in the SAIDS versus Zanmare download.

Zanmare was popped at Gauteng Track Champ and waived her right to be at her defence - SAIDS found her guilty in absentia. Pretty open and shut case:

After her event on 15 March 2015, the Respondent was subjected to an incompetition doping test. The Doping Control Form was properly completed and the urine sample collected from the Respondent was duly sent to the South African Doping Control Laboratory in Bloemfontein for analysis. The analysis of the Respondent’s “A sample” returned an adverse analytical finding in that it revealed the presence of Methandienone LT, a metabolite of the anabolic agent Methandienone, in her urine. Methandienone is listed under class S1 of the World Anti-Doping Agency prohibited list, which is incorporated into the rules by Article 4.1.

How can someone take part in a championship event (when you have to be part of a club to get a licsense) and not be part of a club?

Also there are 2 documents for her case 

post-31289-0-20878200-1540204911_thumb.jpg

How can someone take part in a championship event (when you have to be part of a club to get a licsense) and not be part of a club?

Also there are 2 documents for her case 

attachicon.gifz1.JPG

That point I have no idea but if I remember correctly when you sign up to enter provincial/national champs you submit to testing.

I had a quick read through the docs and personally I think a 2 year suspension would have been fine. There was no doubt there was a banned substance in her system (spelling error aside) but if she is to be believed then she took the product unknowingly (but still had the advantage of it being in her system).

What do you think a fair outcome would have been?

That point I have no idea but if I remember correctly when you sign up to enter provincial/national champs you submit to testing.

I had a quick read through the docs and personally I think a 2 year suspension would have been fine. There was no doubt there was a banned substance in her system (spelling error aside) but if she is to be believed then she took the product unknowingly (but still had the advantage of it being in her system).

What do you think a fair outcome would have been?

I did not know about that part about signing in and accepting testing.....

I am not disputing the outcome, I am merely saying that when I read this report they dont seem very weel written. Not to the point.....they mention the "atlete was under the impression ....." But then the reort never clarifies if they believed the athlete or not.

I also used that case to point out the spelling and grammer is worse than mine.........

I never said SAIDS is wrong etc, just asked if it is only me that thinks the reports are not done as professionally as one would expect :-)

I did not know about that part about signing in and accepting testing.....

I am not disputing the outcome, I am merely saying that when I read this report they dont seem very weel written. Not to the point.....they mention the "atlete was under the impression ....." But then the reort never clarifies if they believed the athlete or not.

I also used that case to point out the spelling and grammer is worse than mine.........

I never said SAIDS is wrong etc, just asked if it is only me that thinks the reports are not done as professionally as one would expect :-)

There is a bit of a grammar nazi in me but I manage to suppress it most of the time!

Me - I'm happier with less professional reports if they keep catching athletes. In an ideal world we'd have both but I'm guessing English isn't the first language of all the staff that work there.

I see a women called Cheryl Ann Edelkraut got a ban for BOWLS. LOL

14. Ms Edelkraut applied on 11 August 2017 for a retroactive TUE for hydrochlorothiazide.

15. The following submissions were made by Ms Edelkraut:

15.1 Her medical doctor, Dr Jordaan, prescribed Enap-Co to control her high blood pressure and they were both unaware that the medication was on the prohibited list;

15.2 She is 60 years old and plays bowls for recreational purposes;

15.3 She has been using the medication since 2004 and does not dispute taking the medication

eina...must have seen some GnTs spilled over that one!

edit: serious druggee this one:

20. Ms Edelkraut declared on the Doping Control Form that on 24 June 2017 she consumed the following medication and supplements: Enap-Co, Stilpayne, Panados, Dormicam, Omega, Relislim, Multi-Vitamins and Vitamin C.

Edited by Evans_Cuddles