Dopers suck

fandacious

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like fun conspiracy theory but how exactly does SAIDS identify juiced fun riders to test? I would guess random fun rider testing nets far fewer positives than pros/winners.

Surely if getting positives meant more money they'd target winners and vets (if what thehub says if true)?

Watch this video - it will give you some insight into testing guidelines.

Jip.  Huge tinfoil conspiracy.  But it makes you think..........

How do they afford all those traveling and marketing budgets?

Not my circus.......

I firmly believe the back marker testing is targeted based on tip-offs.  

Yes you need to check what you are putting in your body.

Rules are rules

Based on some recent posts in the "Hot off the press" thread, we should just send a group of bigger guys around and beat them up.

Not my circus.......

I think it is a waste of money to test back markers, and then the poor person get ripped apart on the HUB "look he/she tested possitive and even with all the dope he/she could only make 290th"

And then it is an Funrider?

Not my circus.......

Tip offs I would agree with. Our very own hub busted guy was probably a tip off - or a shoe in given his bicep size...

Here is the 2017 budget - please have a look through and point out the travelling and market budget: file:///C:/Users/Darryl%20Fitzell/Downloads/SAIDS-Annual-Report-201617-1.pdf

It is not for me to defend SAIDS - I'm just a bit of a fan as they help keep sport fair. "The good guys" in my estimation.

Do they take a trip or two or three more a year than they should? Probably but hey - every corporate I worked for had multiple jollies a year that the share holders probably would have vetoed if they knew.

*The South African Institute for Drug-Free Sport (SAIDS) is a public entity established by an Act of Parliament, Act No. 14 of 1997: “To promote participation in sport free from the use of prohibited substances or methods intended to artificially enhance performance, thereby rendering impermissible doping practices which are contrary to the principles of fair play and medical ethics, in the interest of the health and well-being of sportspersons; and to provide for matters connected therewith”.The South African Institute for Drug-Free Sport is an organisation not for gain. As such no dividends are declared to any members or outside parties and all funds received are utilised for the furtherance of the Institute’s objectives as outlined in Section 10 of the South African Institute for Drug-Free Sport Act No. 14 of 1997. The Institute for Drug-Free Sport receives the majority of its funding from Sport and Recreation South Africa.

I think it is a waste of money to test back markers, and then the poor person get ripped apart on the HUB "look he/she tested possitive and even with all the dope he/she could only make 290th"

Here is the list of bust cyclists - the majority are known/pro/competitive athletes.

http://www.drugfreesport.org.za/cases/?name=&sport=Cycling&drug=0&submitted=submitted

But......

It led to one of the great threads in the hub, introduced us to a real character who faced up to his 'Roid past, and everybody from 475th in the Epic moved up one place.

This is my question, why they hell did they test the oke at the Epic that only made cutoff by like 5 minutes. 

And does this mean, I (non licensed rider, riding for fun normally come in around 3 last) need to check everything my doc gives me when I knie acts up etc because I might be test at Sani 2 C when we "Racing" to make cut-off? 

Quagga - I am kind of with you on this one. I would prefer SAIDS focussing their attention on the front runners and not on the backmarkers. That said, there really is only the one case that I know of where a backmarker at the Epic got pinged. And he was low-hanging fruit because he was clearly an (ex?) body builder. Think it was more a case of an opportunistic official than some policy from SAIDS to target backmarkers.

The odds of some funrider at the back-end of a funride being tested in the first place, and testing positive in the second place is close to zero. Not sure it is really worth the rant.

I like the mix of testing winners and random - keep everybody on their toes.

Here is the list of bust cyclists - the majority are known/pro/competitive athletes.

http://www.drugfreesport.org.za/cases/?name=&sport=Cycling&drug=0&submitted=submitted

100% correct that hte majority is PRO and I agree with what SAIDS does 99% of the time.

I just dont like it when they moan about money while wasting it on Funrider" YIP even 1% :-)

Then gain they have the right to moan and so do I : -)

But......

It led to one of the great threads in the hub, introduced us to a real character who faced up to his 'Roid past, and everybody from 475th in the Epic moved up one place.

Yip but now he is not allowed to ride that race ever again?

100% correct that hte majority is PRO and I agree with what SAIDS does 99% of the time.

I just dont like it when they moan about money while wasting it on Funrider" YIP even 1% :-)

Then gain they have the right to moan and so do I : -)

Have they moaned about money?  I don't remember hearing/seeing anything recently about Khalid moaning about cash recently.

You got a link?

Yip but now he is not allowed to ride that race ever again?

Nope. Epic has a no doper policy (with a date cut off - 2012 I think).

Have they moaned about money?  I don't remember hearing/seeing anything recently about Khalid moaning about cash recently.

You got a link?

No link sorry. But I remeber Khalid being quoted in an article about doping somewhere and him saying that they dont have enough money to test the amount of people they want to test and that the bio passport cost a lot to maintain etc 

Nope. Epic has a no doper policy (with a date cut off - 2012 I think).

But that is my point....is he really a "doper" or a funrider that pays for the PRO's to get lekker prize money?

Did he "dope" or was he unintentional funrider caught for something he did out of the sport?