The way some people panic buy, if i auction my dumb trainer off to the highest bidder, I might get enough to buy a smart trainer. But then I am without a trainer, so I'll just continue using what has worked for me all these years. No need to Zwift, Trainerroad, Rouvy, etc.  

Do it.....Come to the Dark side

post-182-0-18878500-1585123194.png

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have problems uploading to Rouvy today?

I noticed there was an abundance of races available tonight and selected one for nice short quality session, finished about 20 minutes ago and its still uploading....

I noticed there was an abundance of races available tonight and selected one for nice short quality session, finished about 20 minutes ago and its still uploading....

14 000 on Zwift last night ...

The typical update took a LOT longer than normal.... the ride was smooth and no issues

Think many of these sites are tested to its limits now.

The typical update took a LOT longer than normal.... the ride was smooth and no issues

Think many of these sites are tested to its limits now

Day before yesterday 22 400

Yup. But I went into the activity and synched again. Not really a surprise. I've never seen so many little broken hip dudes on the same route as me before.

Think many of these sites are tested to its limits now.

Yup. But I went into the activity and synched again. Not really a surprise. I've never seen so many little broken hip dudes on the same route as me before.

Rouvy finally uploaded (and updated strava :whistling: ) after about 90 minutes.

Polar Flow updated instantly, but i guess Strava and Rouvy have many more users trying to sync at the same time.

@swissvan, I think it is your turn to create an online race.

@swissvan, I think it is your turn to create an online race.

Ok but i like them short and sweet

Maybe next week Mon / Tue, starting a new job on Wed and not sure what time i'll be getting home

Ok but i like them short and sweet

Maybe next week Mon / Tue, starting a new job on Wed and not sure what time i'll be getting home

The short ones on Rouvy has lots of climbing.

I just borrowed this trainer...

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/indoor-trainers-and-accessories/117458/tacx-cycleforce-basic-indoor-trainer

but it's missing the cable that goes from the trainer to the computer. It's not a LAN cable, but a telephone cable fits in there but doesn't work. Does anyone know what cable it needs?

I have a similar(Elite) trainer. LAN cable from trainer to the little head unit, and then a printer cable from the head unit to the computer.

I have a similar(Elite) trainer. LAN cable from trainer to the little head unit, and then a printer cable from the head unit to the computer.

Thanks. Too late now! You don't actually need the head unit do you? I've plugged the trainer into the wall, not sure what it needs electricity for? is it not just the resistance of the roller on the wheel?

Edited by devocean