• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. Too late now! You don't actually need the head unit do you? I've plugged the trainer into the wall, not sure what it needs electricity for? is it not just the resistance of the roller on the wheel?

It needs power to control the resistance electronically. So then you press the buttons on the head unit and it changes resistance.

I guess you could try just connecting the cable directly from the trainer to the computer, bypassing the head unit. Mine doesn't work from the computer when I do that, so I just connect it anyway.

The short ones on Rouvy has lots of climbing.

I know one that only has about 2 km of hard climbing

post-182-0-80657100-1585245766_thumb.jpg

True. Tell ma the 6-string is not being used as a door stop!?

Never in my wildest dreams did I think it would come to this [emoji47]67ac2432597bc1271b4d7be48d121c7e.jpg757a38c3df252787036dba733de5de07.jpg

True. Tell ma the 6-string is not being used as a door stop!?

No way! That is my other escape from the madness my friend [emoji41]

Never in my wildest dreams did I think it would come to this [emoji47]67ac2432597bc1271b4d7be48d121c7e.jpg757a38c3df252787036dba733de5de07.jpg

So this is all new to me. That is a dumb trainer right, so what are you watching as interactive media while riding please?

So this is all new to me. That is a dumb trainer right, so what are you watching as interactive media while riding please?

Intended to watch training videos on YouTube to keep my brain occupied ... Nothing interactive about it. Wasn't going to invest in a 'smart' trainer knowing that once this is over I'll hopefully never need it again.

@CAAD4 dumb trainer and TV some may say even the rider [emoji12] ... I connect my iPad via HDMI and like I said just watch YouTube training videos. Plenty around, we'll see how it goes.

Also new to me, day 1 today will report back as it times passes

Got fleeced the other day for probably the last kickr in Joburg. Set up in the corner of the lounge so I can connect laptop to the TV screen, plus my wife has taken over the spare room as an office whilst I bugger around out here.

Did a 10km zwift ride to test it out and got absolutely smoked! 

post-90313-0-57563700-1585293964_thumb.jpg

post-90313-0-22385100-1585293976_thumb.jpg

Got fleeced the other day for probably the last kickr in Joburg. Set up in the corner of the lounge so I can connect laptop to the TV screen, plus my wife has taken over the spare room as an office whilst I bugger around out here.

Did a 10km zwift ride to test it out and got absolutely smoked! 

Surprised you still have your TT bike with all the running you have been doing for the last couple of years including your 100 miler trail run last Sept. 

Surprised you still have your TT bike with all the running you have been doing for the last couple of years including your 100 miler trail run last Sept. 

Shame the old girl has been badly neglected. Its been just over a year since I last turned a pedal. Gave it a wash yesterday and I'm quite excited now. I miss cycling but ja, running has taken over big time of late.

please put some form a mat or waterproofing uder that bike. Trust me it will save your carpet and the smell in the living room.

Otherwise awesome set up...