[Event] Tour Of Good Hope 2017

ASG

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Registration was quick and easy + The timing seems to have worked properly today (if you ignore the bit where it just disappeared from Racetec's website)

So I guess 2 of the main issues of last year is sorted out

Pace in the amateur bunch was much harder than I anticipated, been a while since I have been dropped halfway through the race!

My first impressions of this event are good, looking forward to the rest of the week  :thumbup:

Average speed of the amateur bunch? Want to try this tour.

Maybe not the best day to use as comparison as course was flat and just a little wind, but main bunch in amateur team group averaged close to 39km/h

If i have to compare with PPA rides it was somewhere between A & B bunch pace, especially the second half.

There were a few significantly slower teams as well though that dropped off quickly.

TT is rad, it is loads of fun. Just you and the road nothing else and traffic/trucks on the R44. How hard can you push!

Updated after today's close call.

That was f@£king close :eek:  :eek:

The radius of standard road disc briek close hey.

He is one fortunate man

Edited by 'Dale

Registration was quick and easy + The timing seems to have worked properly today (if you ignore the bit where it just disappeared from Racetec's website)

So I guess 2 of the main issues of last year is sorted out

Pace in the amateur bunch was much harder than I anticipated, been a while since I have been dropped halfway through the race!

My first impressions of this event are good, looking forward to the rest of the week  :thumbup:

We could have received our time trial start times a bit earlier. The SMS only came through at 22:30 on a day after a long race, IE after bed time.

The pace in the amateur bunch was definitely harder than most races,

got dropped 55km in. The amateur bunch finished barely later than the VA's.

We could have received our time trial start times a bit earlier. The SMS only came through at 22:30 on a day after a long race, IE after bed time.

If I had to post something about the race last night it would not have been complimentary to say the least...

If I had to post something about the race last night it would not have been complimentary to say the least...

There was a great deal of unhappiness in the air.

The schedule came out a little earlier on FB, but still.

The road users in Paarl are really polite, kinda been feeling bad about my "assertive" Johannesburg driving habits,

I dont know why CSA has to approve the start times?

I dont know why CSA has to approve the start times?

Ja ^&*% knows what CSA spent 10 hours doing after they got the results from Racetec. Can't imagine it can be that difficult to come up with an provisional starting schedule and tweak it later if really necessary.