Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

bosch? Metabo?

Shoe! I will do some research. It is time Rutherford get some decent competition.  :cursing:

Myles, I have the same OCD problem, but it is a practical thing with cordless. Once you have bought into a system, you want to stay with it because of the batteries and charger.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't know why I bother with this. Masochism. Non-profitable masochism.

Hi LeTurbo, I really like what you do, the fact that you take on jobs like these that repairs a piece of a dream, just that bit that needs replacing and no more. 

I just like it :thumbup:

Anyone have experience with Dewalt tools?

Wish all my Ryobi tools were DeWalt's instead. Very nice tools from my limited useage. 

I wander if Hilti is worth the extra money :unsure:

The fact that its almost exclusive used by industry contractors speaks a lot.

And besides fact II that my niece is rep, I reckon is up there with the best.

Edited by kosmonooit

Anyone have experience with Dewalt tools?

I'm a DIY'er, the boat earlier in this thread was built with a mix of DeWalt, Bosch blue and green. I rate my DeWalt 18v drill/driver/hammer drill combo my best investment this year. I drove at one stage 96 brass screws in the morning and out the afternoon, with other jobs during the day on a single charge.

Even better than that is that DeWalt makes a well balanced tool, so when you put it down it doesn't topple over, like some Bosch tools I had and not to mention Ryobi.

Bosch blue 18v is also very decent, but I doubt it will give the same life as DeWalt, it is marginally cheaper in the 18v segment, however, as we have all learnt, buying something for the long run is the answer, so the extra R400 per tool is where the benefit lies.

I'm a DIY'er, the boat earlier in this thread was built with a mix of DeWalt, Bosch blue and green. I rate my DeWalt 18v drill/driver/hammer drill combo my best investment this year. I drove at one stage 96 brass screws in the morning and out the afternoon, with other jobs during the day on a single charge.

Even better than that is that DeWalt makes a well balanced tool, so when you put it down it doesn't topple over, like some Bosch tools I had and not to mention Ryobi.

Bosch blue 18v is also very decent, but I doubt it will give the same life as DeWalt, it is marginally cheaper in the 18v segment, however, as we have all learnt, buying something for the long run is the answer, so the extra R400 per tool is where the benefit lies.

I haven't owned any Dewalt tools,  but from what I can fathom Bosch Blue is much on par. Green is a different story (light DIY/disposable). I have had a few Blue tools and they have worked hard and endured well.

Makita is my other preference, I have a three-speed 18V drill/driver that is really tough.

I see Adendorff is now stocking Makita, their pricing is good, but still we only get a small part of the range here.

So disgusted now.

So SARS is owing me some large ones, and I need a cordless impact driver badly. I looked at a Makita somewhere earlier this year when I bought some other nice tools, but my money was finito so I did not buy. Price was around R5300 then. Just went to Apple, and the new price is R6700. Just 3 months later.

Looks like Rutherford is raping us with sandpaper condoms dipped in acid.  :eek:

What other options do I have. Must be 18V brushless. And no Ryobi. I have standards... :whistling:

Hi there. You might want to go check out builders warehouse. They have a Bosch on special 18 V with 3 batteries R2600 if memory serves. I personally haven't used the Bosch but do have a Dewald that I find it is great. Also selling at builders at the moment I think the price was R3000.

I have been a fan of the Makita for about 6 years we use them at work and are great but now just rediculouly priced.

What I bought a few months ago and has been very impressive is the Stanley T Max. Great quality.

Hope this helps.

Have a look at Maktec as a Makita "substitute". Still made by Makita and classified as industrial but a bit cheaper. (Less moving parts or something) Mate has a joinery business and he started with Makita. Got too expensive to replace and now uses thhe Maktec stuff. He's well impressed so far

http://www.maktec.co.za