Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys - Also have a Bosch Circular Saw GKS190

Also pretty much as new - only used to trim 3 doors to size.

Price..............R1300.

Anyone called dibs on this bad boy?

Can someone say xmas present. Want to build a pergola, was going to rent one for a weekend, but this is just such a cool tool.

I'm gonna be starting the tedious process of stripping and repainting the skirting boards at home. Thinking of doing them in a dark grey against a lighter gray wall and white ceiling in the downstairs area. 

Then clad the exposed doorway into the kitchen (removed the old steel door frame) and re-do the front door. Then tackle the kitchen. 

*** jobs, but they need to be done. 

Busy making up some new panels/ lids for a piano that the previous owner "mislaid"

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

The kind of "mislaying" that happens because of a divorce, or that leads to a divorce?

Edited by DJR

The kind of "mislaying" that happens because of a divorce, or that leads to a divorce?

Haha, no.

The piano was in pieces during a move and then once the move was complete they were no where to be found!

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Anyone called dibs on this bad boy?

Can someone say xmas present. Want to build a pergola, was going to rent one for a weekend, but this is just such a cool tool.

The Metabo was gone in an instant...

The Bosch is still available.

If you were going to hire one for the weekend it's a no brainier to pay a bit more and get one to keep forever!!!!!

Edited by mrbaker

• 3 weeks later...

Martlet WD 12 bench disc sander.  The things bike mechanics accept as payment!  Anyone interested before I post on Gumtree?  Very lightly used 306 disc dia.  I will take R2000.post-9363-0-50944400-1482228574_thumb.jpg

Martlet WD 12 bench disc sander.  The things bike mechanics accept as payment!  Anyone interested before I post on Gumtree?  Very lightly used 306 disc dia.  I will take R2000.attachicon.gifARI-1.jpg

I would, if I had the cash and I was in JHB. 

This is what I got up to yesterday after work. It's not finished yet - I still need to finish the shelving on the near side, the ladder on teh other end and then the railing on the side of the bed. Then I'm either gonna stain it, or give it a lick of white enamel. 

All out of treated building lumber, 38mm*114mm and put together with 75mm long wood lag bolts.

Still gonna make him a desk in the space underneath, then work on a lego storage solution for him. 

post-3056-0-60136200-1482229327_thumb.jpeg

Then it's on to the spare room, where I'm going to be making one of these (in a simpler guise) for the spare bed. We only use it twice a year, so it may as well be out the way when it's not in use. 

maxresdefault.jpg

A pile of "reject" timber

3c5bd0ea5dd6b2fe279d683ae061938e.jpg

Was cut into components

d2f2854543ed43984e49950d200c3f68.jpg

To make a picnic table

7c7713c38bed0c30d79723b4117c1662.jpg

Now to treat it, any hub wisdom? I was going to spray it with 3 coats of Woodoc 50 (Marine), but not 100% sure that's the right solution?

Stretch@ why don't you use lap-joints on the table brace X? I noticed you did the same on your previous build.

And Woodoc 50 Marine would be probably the best solution not to foul clothing

Stretch@ why don't you use lap-joints on the table brace X? I noticed you did the same on your previous build.

And Woodoc 50 Marine would be probably the best solution not to foul clothing

I did Ed [emoji6]

a5f43dd8d777166e746e6c9225df6300.jpg

9e00ad5d10174b66113f933acf9416ec.jpg

Cut them on the table saw. In the previous build, the size of the leg meant it would have been very difficult to cut the laps, this one just took a bit of careful cutting.

Will probably go the Woodoc route, and just maintain it regularly.

I did Ed [emoji6]

a5f43dd8d777166e746e6c9225df6300.jpg

9e00ad5d10174b66113f933acf9416ec.jpg

Cut them on the table saw. In the previous build, the size of the leg meant it would have been very difficult to cut the laps, this one just took a bit of careful cutting.

Will probably go the Woodoc route, and just maintain it regularly.

Impressive Streched@, from the picks they look like angled butt joints :thumbup: