Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a bit of a problem ...

I've got rather crappy and boring business cards for the carpentry side of the business (nice logo, but card design is old and outdated)

I'd like two new card designs:

One for Treeware, that does custom carpentry and corporate gifts

Another for www.Rubberguns.co.za - for the rubber band guns (and other toys)

Any ideas/help?

Pants ... what do you retail these for ... or do you have a www on can look at?

Hairy, I believe this is what you looking for?

Three models done for now, next up is a Gattling gun.

Are you planning a hand-crank firing mechanism version, or a motorised or fully auto one?

Are you planning a hand-crank firing mechanism version, or a motorised or fully auto one?

This one:

post-29544-0-11514600-1495093604_thumb.png

Full auto, powered by it's won ammo (like the rest of my guns) Takes 100 bands. I'm still working on the details, but it will probably be made out of Kiaat or Meranti.

Hairy. the website is not up and running at the moment. I have two models, a carbine (comes with or without a buttstock) and a submachine gun.

Carbine = R250 ea (short or long, long one pictured)

post-29544-0-83902000-1495093442_thumb.jpeg

SMG = R350 ea. It also comes with a sling attached.

post-29544-0-77356300-1495093441_thumb.jpeg

This one:

attachicon.gifGat.png

Nice!  I also had a look at that one yesterday and that would have been my choice as well.  (Even though the original Gatling gun was Hand-cranked).

This one looks more like the original Gatling gun.

http://www.rubberbandguns.com/gatling-gun/junior-devastator-gatling-gun

Maybe consider combining the designs to put your gun on a tripod to look more like the original design?  Obviously depending on what you have in mind for it...

PS:  I have a lot of extra Rosewood left over from the pool table - you're welcome to come fetch some if you want.  They sell for around R 16 000 / m3 currently, you can have it for R 5000 to R 8000 / m3 (there are some good, and some not so good planks...).  I am in Irene - send me a PM.

I'm trying to cost the Gattling gun, I think it might be an over-the-top purchase (ie probably going to end up with a R1500 sticker ... ouch) so it will probably come with a tripod and it's own wooden crate.

Send me some pics of the rosewood to chief@treeware.co.za - might be interested, although I'm not doing a lot of other things apart from making a crapload of guns at the moment - moved over 100 last month  :eek:

Not sure what gap you're referring to? There's a slight thickness difference, which is casting a shadow, not a gap. They asked that it's not too "finished".

The sample I was asked to replicate:

512993dbcfd3a03b79795cbf5037876e.jpg

Finished goods:

Like the smiley Face!

This one:

attachicon.gifGat.png

Full auto, powered by it's won ammo (like the rest of my guns) Takes 100 bands. I'm still working on the details, but it will probably be made out of Kiaat or Meranti.

Hairy. the website is not up and running at the moment. I have two models, a carbine (comes with or without a buttstock) and a submachine gun.

Carbine = R250 ea (short or long, long one pictured)

attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2016-10-19 at 10.10.49.jpeg

SMG = R350 ea. It also comes with a sling attached.

attachicon.gifSub Machine Gun.jpeg

PM sent

Has anyone here made anything out of African Blackwood/ African Ebony? I have two pieces which I haven't found a use for. I'd imagine it's best used by those making rifle stocks or knife handles?

Has anyone here made anything out of African Blackwood/ African Ebony? I have two pieces which I haven't found a use for. I'd imagine it's best used by those making rifle stocks or knife handles?

How big are they? I want some portafilter and steam valve bits, and a tamper handle...

I've made knitting needles out of Ebony. What a beautiful wood to work with. I was told that you can drill and tap it with a fine thread - I believe it to be true, as it's mega hard. Works down to glass-like polish with only sandpaper.

PENS!!!  Or Chess Pieces.

hubmarket-50518-0-10681600-1489942734.jp

PM Sent.