Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something else i make with the scraps...the easy part is cutting...gluing and spray painting...the time consuming part is chipping it with a chisel to give it the old rustic look.

386318f4d30123e6db725b6d4d9ddf22.jpg

[emoji818] on the list

The piece of wood that the "butcher block" section sits on - single piece of pine / meranti / other?

a combination of MDF and the plywood upright...the only way to stablize it...otherwise it would just warp out of shape...it weighs half a ton ;)

it has taken about 2-3 years to get to this point and it is still not complete...i was going to appoxy the top...it is a massive job to get all the little pieces to fit...it is much easy to just cut all the pieces the same size and glue together...that would just be too easy.

i still havent decided if i should cut the top of the legs flush with the table...or leave them sticking up.

Edited by isetech

a combination of MDF and the plywood upright...the only way to stablize it...otherwise it would just warp out of shape...it weighs half a ton ;)

it has taken about 2-3 years to get to this point and it is still not complete...i was going to appoxy the top...it is a massive job to get all the little pieces to fit...it is much easy to just cut all the pieces the same size and glue together...that would just be too easy.

i still havent decided if i should cut the top of the legs flush with the table...or leave them sticking up.

IMO the raised legs give it a bit more appeal. MDF is a great choice for the under-board, but yeah it'd definitely weigh a bit!! And I hear you re the sticking together. Started a project from some white oak offcuts and it just stopped halfway cos getting them to stay straight was a nightmare.

Need a table like that in my life. Could also do it with lats of ply so that the end-grain is showing. but I like the way you've done the table. Very nice indeed!

Dressing table I made for my ex.(pic taken just before she took it away,). Stupidly let her take it when she buggered off. I was all in favour of a fire and some whisky and a good send off....! 

post-12678-0-61449800-1464692193_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mojoman

The Mirror!!!!!

the OCD'ers must be pulling their hair 100% straight and symmetrical.

HAH, all of a sudden my headache makes perfect sense!

It is one of the 100 of these...which i made for old people who didnt get presents or didnt have visitors on christmas day(2 years ago)...i went around to old age homes on christmas day with my son and we handed them out.

I just couldnt bring myself to do again last year...it was heart breaking watching the responses of the old people...but even worse...i dont believe any of the old still have them...the helpers would have helped themselves.

It is an ideal gift for people in hospital because...it is low maintenance and continues to grow after the hospital visit...unlike flowers just die.

fa226911acbeb7cff9783789b09f9c46.jpg89053add3312f3b836678bbe91774f3a.jpg