Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a tip when using a router...no matter what router you use DIY or industrial...always buy the more expensive bits...it will make a better routing experience. 

A handful of decent bits will cost more than the router...but worth it in the long run.

post-2696-0-99914200-1571128881_thumb.jpg

post-2696-0-87748800-1571128891_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know anything about these grinders. especially the company?

I am thinking about letting this go for about R800 on FB. Is that a fair price? They mostly seem to go for R1000 or thereabouts in looking through google. But I cannot actually find anything on the FEMCO company itself.

I inherited this from my Dad - but it is time to let this stuff, and all that it carries, go.

Hand plane. Obeche and Australian black wood. Made a few to give away to family and mates. Great in big surf.

Fantastic work! that looks really awesome.

Good for keeping your head above water if you arent an experienced bodysurfer.

attachicon.gif20191013_171918_resize.jpg

attachicon.gif20191013_171956(0)_resize.jpg

Does anyone know anything about these grinders. especially the company?

I am thinking about letting this go for about R800 on FB. Is that a fair price? They mostly seem to go for R1000 or thereabouts in looking through google. But I cannot actually find anything on the FEMCO company itself.

I inherited this from my Dad - but it is time to let this stuff, and all that it carries, go.

Its a decent sized 8 inch grinder and probably from the days when motors werent rated on input power.

I would say R800 is a fair price for it.

Im not sure if Femco was the same thing as Emco but there were a lot of Emco machines around.

Thanks Rocket Boy

I have a things for old stuff. And it really is cool to see machines made in South Africa, with South African tech and not much chinese tech. Then again I could be totally wrong in my ignorance.