Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

I should have been more specific. The drill will be cordless, but the saws and Sanders etc will be corded, I don't really need portability, and corded tools are considerably cheaper.

Edit : ooh toolcraft is like a well priced candy shop. Thanks.

If you buy say a Bosch set that comes with two batteries you can buy the other tools you need without the batteries and chargers, the same brand tools all fit the same battery.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A question to the tool guys:

On going to get a decent cordless drill. I have my eyes set on the Bosch blue 18v drill, I'll use it a lot and it will work hard, I'm always drilling into trucks and trailers to fix stuff or replace sheets so I want a hard worker.

I bought the BIG DADDY Makita Cordless from Amazon (tool only) and the batteries and charger from Toolcraft when they had a special.  And I had an empty systainer for a toolbox. 

It worked out much cheaper than buying a kit in SA.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M46N19K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a Black and Decker cordless.

Their Evo multi range is pretty cool. Just swop out the head and it can be made into a drill, jigsaw, etc. So versatile......

@Carrera4s is giving the rest a chance this year and not entering :)

Don't be so sure....   :D

I see the competition only close end September.  Just finishing off my current project, should be done in the next week or two.

Don't be so sure....   :D

I see the competition only close end September.  Just finishing off my current project, should be done in the next week or two.

Post some progress pics. Is it not against forum rules to mention something with pics?

For a second I contemplated entering again, but I'm not up for the fishing of fb likes to win something.

Edited by stefmeister

PhilipV - I would not buy Bosch green even for home use not worth while.

Why not?

I have a mixture of makita and bosch green, all 18V lithion ion(2 drills, jigsaw, 2 sanders, circular saw). 2 batteries of each brand and some of it is over 10 years old and still going strong. My makita drill is the range topper with hammer etc and it is very impressive. The batteries charge in like 20 min and last a while. My makita batteries are about 6 years old and still strong. I have not had a days problem with my bosch stuff.

its mostly about duty cycle - Bosch Green is still good but not meant to be used day and and day out by pros. So for occasional DIY use the budget tools are fine.

I have a Bosch green 18v cordless drill and its an absolute champ for what I need it to do.

Having said that its probably the last of the green's I would buy, the blue stuff is just so much better in terms of build quality and long term reliability.

Better Bosch Green than Ryobi imho although they do have a 'pro' range as well, its generally cheap and nasty

I have a Bosch green 18v cordless drill and its an absolute champ for what I need it to do.

Having said that its probably the last of the green's I would buy, the blue stuff is just so much better in terms of build quality and long term reliability.

dunno if i'm dreaming, but recent bosch blue releases look so bland and so cheap, it seems they built the stuff with the wrong color plastic.

the releases seem more prosumer-ish than the premium industrial strength stuff i expect from Bosch Blue.

Edited by Capricorn

dunno if i'm dreaming, but recent bosch blue releases look so bland and so cheap, it seems they built the stuff with the wrong color plastic.

the releases seem more prosumer-ish than the premium industrial strength stuff i expect from Bosch Blue.

All the brands these days have the 'prosumer' products in their line-up. Bosch, Dewalt and Makita. 

When looking at cordless drills for instance, you notice the industrial models have decent metal chucks etc, and a number of extra features

Eg. lite duty

06019F81K0_300x300_285cf778-d256-445c-9f

vs

industrial

8c664335-7e5a-4802-b074-39e4a381407d.jpg