Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

Oh goodness... R3k cheaper than the tools would be by themselves. R 7,999 as a kit. 

No, you don't need it. You DO NOT NEED IT.... 

http://www.makitatoolsonline.co.za/image/cache/data/DLX2085M-500x500.jpg

this stuff will last for years...i have plenty of these battery operated tools and they worth the money spent...even though i have a plug every 2 metres and hanging in the workshop...i still use the battery stuff the most

the small circular is not ideal...the big one in the pic uses 2 batteries which makes it a lot stronger.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this stuff will last for years...i have plenty of these battery operated tools and they worth the money spent...even though i have a plug every 2 metres and hanging in the workshop...i still use the battery stuff the most

the small circular is not ideal...the big one in the pic uses 2 batteries which makes it a lot stronger.

you're not helping... 

If you came here for sympathy, sorry, you came to the wrong place.  :ph34r:  :clap:

I've just done some investigation, and determined that a combo of the following would be just R 50 more than the combo I posted above

Impact Driver

1x3Ah battery

Charger

Makita combination palm router (Plunge, tilt & trimmer bases)

Arguably a better combo given I already have a table saw that I can use... 

This here is my bandsaw.  It is an old old Atlas Power King 912, and I got it from my old school mate for free.  My plan is to weld up a nice base for it and get a new motor. The current motor works, but the bearings is long gone. I also need to either get blades made up, or buy a blade and shorten it myself using my TIG welder.

As you can see, my garage is a mess, but I am busy with a plan to get it into shape.

attachicon.gifIMG_0291.JPG

if it is an old school motor, not a new geneartion import motor change the bearings easy and quick, bearings are cheap as chips from any BMG and you will never get a better motor close to the old shool motors,, 

you're not helping... 

I have a battery operated impact wrench from them.... you want these tools...

They last longer...

so one might be led to believe, but with Li Ion batteries there are a few unknowns and mysteries, I have heard a bit of grumbling about the bigger ones before.

Edited by kosmonooit