Greg Minnaar

Mongoose!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps the Hub can do a short write up once they have a clip of that record breaking run...and post it with the article. This is normally done by Hubbers (and its usually all over Facebook), but not this time. Wanted to watch it again, and have been searching for the clip but cannot find it. 

The record breaking run happened last year and the video of it is at the end of the article I linked above.

This weekend's run merely extended his existing record and you can watch it half way down the page on Red Bull here. Red Bull seem to be keeping it to themselves for now. But we'll share it once they start allowing the public to embed it.

The record breaking run happened last year and the video of it is at the end of the article I linked above.

This weekend's run merely extended his existing record and you can watch it half way down the page on Red Bull here. Red Bull seem to be keeping it to themselves for now. But we'll share it once they start allowing the public to embed it.

Actually admin.. you guys post articles when someone from DD come 3e or 5th or was in a break or or or

.. so yeah.[emoji53] . why not an article about Greg's victory [emoji6]

Greg's race shirt had chainsaw on it as well.

yeah...thats why I posted that pic - he also gave it a little bit of loving as he crossed the line

the syndicate guys were big mates of steve's and they always stayed with him in Canada and Steve always stayed with greg in SA after the race

Edited by Stretch

This really does need to be celebrated. He is not just our most successful cyclist but most likely one of our all time most successful sportsman. 

Perhaps if golf was an actual sport rather than a game Gary Player could compete for the title but since it isn't he can't.

This really does need to be celebrated. He is not just our most successful cyclist but most likely one of our all time most successful sportsman. 

Perhaps if golf was an actual sport rather than a game Gary Player could compete for the title but since it isn't he can't.

Ja it's sad that all our national rugby, cricket and soccer "stars" are made up to be such a great deal (not sure why, as they are forever losing with zero BMT.......I digress), but sadly if you ask the average oke on street who Greg is, you will get a blank stare.   

Ja it's sad that all our national rugby, cricket and soccer "stars" are made up to be such a great deal (not sure why, as they are forever losing with zero BMT.......I digress), but sadly if you ask the average oke on street who Greg is, you will get a blank stare.

Yip.. I blame the mindless obsession with rugby and soccer in this country for everything.

Well I apologise if it was more of an unknown fact than I thought...I just assumed everyone knew he was chainsaw. iI was pretty evident if someone watched the finals on Sunday as everyone was branded with chainsaw. Greg held a canadian chainsaw flag up at the end and had a chainsaw on his kit.....

http://image1.redbull.com/rbcom/010/2016-06-04/1331798502471_10/0010/1/550/366/10/steve-smith-memorial-run-fort-wiliam-2016.jpg

Thanks for explaining.

I only stared watching the coverage just before Minaars run

Yip.. I blame the mindless obsession with rugby and soccer in this country for everything.

Soccer

Rugby

Cricket

Jukskei

in that order: Everyone knows these okes

http://www.jukskei.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Jukskei-SA-Maters-Men-2015.jpg

Edited by raptor-22

from left to right: Oom Sarel, Oom Koos, Oom Piet, Oom Piet se pens, Oom Flip.....

Willie Vermeulen (NK / NC); Johan van Wyngaard (Gaut), Johan de Bruin (Gaut), AJ de Klerk (Gaut) & Johan Groenewald (Vrystaat / Free State..

jislike. How can you not know your national icons in Jukskei..??!

That's like a cultural crime

Willie Vermeulen (NK / NC); Johan van Wyngaard (Gaut), Johan de Bruin (Gaut), AJ de Klerk (Gaut) & Johan Groenewald (Vrystaat / Free State..

What's Jukskei?  :ph34r:

What's Jukskei?  :ph34r:

:eek:

vat are where your frow ve the skittles at the ball and not the ball at ve skittles

Edited by raptor-22

I knew there would be at least 1 Johan