[Event] 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour - Argus

Bianchisti

Two of my development riders lost their homes last night in the Hout Bay fire, but are adamant they want to race tomorrow. One of them is starting in & and have a real chance of a sub 3. They barely slept last night and have no food. Managed to get a couple of basics from Checkers

We scrambled this morning and managed to get gear together to get them on the road tomorrow morning.

These guys have a lot courage. True warriors.

01d3edc9f71b91c51d7709cc4e76af85.jpg

In the second picture is Yibenathi, who is the & rider mentioned above.

752330f4441b674003da61ad4d68c91f.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a short ride to warm up this morning. I went up Kloof Nek Rd. Honestly, I walked more then I rode there, that is such a tough climb! Is Chappies just as steep? Then I have to start worrying.... although I must say, I stay in Tamboerskloof so there was no warm up, just straight up Kloof Nek for 3 km.

Went down Kloof Nek on the other side, and back to town along the promenade. So many cyclists out, great atmosphere!

I did a short ride to warm up this morning. I went up Kloof Nek Rd. Honestly, I walked more then I rode there, that is such a tough climb! Is Chappies just as steep? Then I have to start worrying.... although I must say, I stay in Tamboerskloof so there was no warm up, just straight up Kloof Nek for 3 km.

Went down Kloof Nek on the other side, and back to town along the promenade. So many cyclists out, great atmosphere!

No, Chappies not nearly as steep. maybe closer to Edinburgh drive, which is less than a km. I am more worried about the crosswinds going down Chappies.

Edited by Moridin

I see you are taking extra food for Man with no Name's riders too....

Hehehe

????????????????????????????????????????

The expo was more difficult for me this year, with my missus doing her first. She must have stopped at each cycling kit stand for 10 minutes. She is not much of a clothing shopper, but put her in a sports goods shop, and all hell breaks loose. She has a cycling top fetish.

Hulle het almal daai probleem. My vrou het 3 jaar laas fiets gery, maar koop elke jaar by die expo n fiets hemp

No, Chappies not nearly as steep. maybe closer to Edinburgh drive, which is less than a km. I am more worried about the crosswinds going down Chappies.

Pfew!! I did Edinburgh drive last time (fire ride) and that went pretty smooth

I am nervous about this wind for tomorrow. The windiest Argus I rode so far was 2014, where the wind picked up in the afternoon only (I started at 9h36 then). Tomorrow is a whole new ball game for me.

Edited by Moridin

Eish just saw footage of fire in Hout Bay.

Trust no more loss of lives.

Hopefully it does not affect the route tomorrow.

I trust residents dont decide now to protest / block the roads for housing while disrupting the Argus????.

Eish just saw footage of fire in Hout Bay.

Trust no more loss of lives.

Hopefully it does not affect the route tomorrow.

I trust residents dont decide now to protest / block the roads for housing while disrupting the Argus.

Seriously???

:eek:

"We believe wind conditions will not be as strong as in 2009, but they will nevertheless be severe".

:wacko:  And it sure was bad that year

Edited by Btus