[Event] 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour - Argus

Bianchisti

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must have got a puncture right as I got home today because I walked past my Trek and saw the rear was flat.

So I thought this would be a good time to put my new 'gatorskins on.

Jeepers - two hours later - and with raw hands I gave up and put the Bontrager tyre back on - it's still fairly new.

Is it just me or is there a special trick to getting these things on?

Muscles in the fingers and French.

good luck sunday everyone... i'll be starting in 3d and trying to jump up a group or two to mates ahead of me, although the wind might say otherwise.

out of curiosity, anyone know what group a F seeded PPA rider would start?

I must have got a puncture right as I got home today because I walked past my Trek and saw the rear was flat.

Jeepers - two hours later - and with raw hands I gave up and put the Bontrager tyre back on - it's still fairly new.

Leave the tyres in direct sun for 30 minutes to be a bit more flexible, but still tough

Use soap water and apply with a paint brush on inside of rim and tyre wall. Use then tyre leavers.

Try put the bead you have got onto the wheel in the centre of the rim rather than up against the side, this buys a few mm that helps when stretching the last bit on. And put the tube in the tyre before you get it on the wheel but push it deep into the tyre, clear of the bead so when you use tyres levers you don't affect the tube.

Once you have them in, inflate the tyre to about 30psi and go around the wheel pinching the tyre to make sure the tube is clear of the bead.

Thanks for all the suggestions .... i reckon a coffee at the LBS wins out!

That's what I'll do

Let the experts handle it ????????

Heard on radio if you take your race number to Newlands cricket you get a free entry to watch Cobra's game tomorrow.

Enjoy flying down a traffic-less Paradise Road tomorrow morning and remember to keep left if you are a slowpoke.......so the snakes can pass right!

post-17716-0-83398100-1489207751_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJR

Enjoy flying down a traffic-less Paradise Road tomorrow morning and remember to keep left if you are a slowpoke.......so the snakes can pass right!

Snakes...

Or Team DJR ???????????? ????????????

Edited by 'Dale

HAPPY 40th BIRTHDAY Cape Town Cycle Tour! :clap:

I had an interesting talk to my neigbour, who did the very first one, 40 years ago. He was still in school, and a friend talked him into it the night before. He grabbed his bike, rode to Town from the Southern Suburbs and did the very first one. He said he suffered so much and got sunburnt so badly that he never did another one. I tried talking him into riding the 40th one with us, but he just laughed and said he is smarter than I think!  Oh, what I would give to have been there on that first day!

Edited by DJR

3E for me and if you look behind and see a Zebra clad Mamil sucking your wheel - don't worry it's just me!

good luck sunday everyone... i'll be starting in 3d and trying to jump up a group or two to mates ahead of me, although the wind might say otherwise.

out of curiosity, anyone know what group a F seeded PPA rider would start?

Last night I had a long frustrating call to the Hotel where I am supposed to stay. I booked and paid 4months ago. I have the reference numbers. Still they don't know of me and my Dad coming! The guy said to me I must come there today and see if they can sort it out....

The little joys of being on a tight schedule and 1500km away. Hoping not to do a Frank Gallagher impersonation on the streets tonight.

The Old Man is already as tense as a string about the whole thing.

We will be starting just before 0800 and hoping to go around 4h45.

Dale: I thought there can be only one - Assos.