Bianchisti

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They say the wine farms are also filling up

Blaauwklippen and Route 44 were FULLLL Edited by Boerklong

Which tells me they targeted the race. The City must get behind the main instigators of this, else next year we will have the same happening.

And then before you know it the Argus will move over to south america like the Paris-Dakar.

Jisliaak it. Sorry boys and girls. VERY very dissapointing of course.

Not what anybody wanted today to be like but these things happen.

So according to strava, 4 okes did the route today!

Allot of people wanted to, and was also capable to do it.

These 4 chose to ignore the instructions of the marshals / race organizers.

If they were part of the race, they should be treated the same way as people breaking the Tour's rules ( riding twice with now second entry for example) and be disqualified from future Tours...

If they were part of the race, they should be treated the same way as people breaking the Tour's rules ( riding twice with now second entry for example) and be disqualified from future Tours...

Did they do the full route or partial route?

That's what team DJR decided: We would listen to the organizers, respect the marshals, and went home, had a fantastic breakfast (with definitely the earliest champagne we ever had)! We were terribly disappointed, but also happy to walk away from this with no crashes or broken bones (all of which we have done before). 

Our sympathies lie with those who came from far away, people like Belgian Biker and the father and son team from France that we met this morning. We also feel for those who trained hard for their first one, their 21 one, or for that first elusive sub 3 hours.

We live to fight another day and will be back!

(This sure was the shittiest birthday present I ever got)

Edited by DJR

This was an opportunity for CTCC organizers to really shine.

I know it is in their fine print but realistically they could have apologized for the cancellation and perhaps compensated participants.

If I chose to cancel on a race, I totally accept all losses and forfeit everything but as for a race not even starting, I cannot see why the event organizers cannot carry some of the burden?

Either way....the CTCC has lost its appeal for me over the last several years. I am going to do 1 more to get 10 medal and then never again. Guys, why should we not boycott this race???

I would like to see the race to have an alternative start point (current one has been *** for a while now) as well as an alternative route for these types of emergencies (perhaps inland...scenery is just as good)...Im sure most cyclists also have vehicles so retorting shouldn't be such an issue...?

There are much better and cheaper races on the calendar.

Is boycotting a solution??

Cape Town Locals !! Im here till Wednesday.. Where and what times can I do a nice ride or two.. I'm 3km from the start so bear that in mind. It looks like wind will only really subside on Tuesday morning.

What is Suikerbossie and Chappies like on weekdays. Or which other rides can be done on weekdays and which times is best to do em.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Cape Town Locals !! Im here till Wednesday.. Where and what times can I do a nice ride or two.. I'm 3km from the start so bear that in mind. It looks like wind will only really subside on Tuesday morning.

What is Suikerbossie and Chappies like on weekdays. Or which other rides can be done on weekdays and which times is best to do em.

Try Chappies and surrounds at sunrise

Just before peak hour

Head out to Simonstown

Search for Black Hill, Red Hill

Kommetjie lighthouse / Slanghoek

????????

So much of spoilt brats on here. 

As my late father used to sarcastically comment on self-entitled/self-centered attitudes "****you Jack, I'm alright!"

I was meant to do the shortened year, but circumstances prevented me. I did the race last year and had a week of near perfect conditions for a wonderful stay in the fairest Cape. If that year was cancelled, I would have been disappointed, but not have had a "we demand..." type attitude

So much of spoilt brats on here.

As my late father used to sarcastically comment on self-entitled/self-centered attitudes "****you Jack, I'm alright!"

I was meant to do the shortened year, but circumstances prevented me. I did the race last year and had a week of near perfect conditions for a wonderful stay in the fairest Cape. If that year was cancelled, I would have been disappointed, but not have had a "we demand..." type attitude

Kind of the same thing the protesters are doing hey.. "I Demand" :-)

Event cancelled, road were open, they obeyed all road rules and road on open roads.

Second lappers are riding on closed roads.

Nothing wrong with it. Kudos to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk