KASK Crash Replacement Policy?

Wheelsuck

Giro replaces helmets no questions asked..

how sure are you on this?

From past experience they replace no questions asked on factory faults such as defective bonding between the plastic and the foam or strap clips breaking off, but never on a crash as they as offer a crash replacement discount but its not free at all.

Edited by Malpiet

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of "blah blah it saved your noggin be thankful" stuff going on in here.

There are standards for a reason and a helmet costing a 3rd of the price would have done the same thing.

Buying the most expensive helmet doesnt guarantee your pip will have the most protection. 

Now N2D my bru'

how long is the "limited lifetime warranty" from kask?

Would say the first two lines cover that;

"KASK S.p.a warrants that KASK products are free from defects in materials and workmanship as long as they are owned by the original purchaser."

I was surprised when I found out about this concept the first time. Not many products that are designed to self implode to save you will offer the same. Twice I had to replace a Giro - twice it was painless and both times I was very happy to get a new helmet at a greatly reduced price. Still amazed by the product and the concept.

I destroyed my Bell in a bike accident. Like an idiot, I left it on the garage floor and my puppy got hold of it. It had teeth markes everywhere.

I still took a chance and tried to claim, but they turned it down. I guess they thought I was pulling a fast one. Any way, I still buy Bell. Hopefully, I'll never have to test the claim again. I'm done with bike accidents.

• 2 weeks later...

Update; Here is the reply from KASK -In short: Kask crash warrantee  is determined by the distributor and not the manufacturer. Better to go with Giro, Bell I think. 

Dear ,

sorry for the late reply, unfortunately our company was closed for summer holiday, and I just get back in office today.

I have to confirm you, as indicated from our distributor NSquared, that the crash replacement is a service offered directly from our distributors, that is why you can find different policies in terms of discount between the countries.

I am really happy that you did not get injured by the accident, anyway checking the picture I really recommend you to replace the helmet as your Mojito cannot work no more. Of course you are free to choose the helmet you prefer between Kask and other brands, if the discount offered form NSquared did not reach your expectation, but for sure you should get a helmet for your next ride, as this save your life!

I am sorry to read that you are disappointed by that, and that you had to wait 10 days for a reply.

Best regards

So, in summarry:

Know what you are buying in terms of policies, and get it in writing...

and deal with the manufacturer as far as possible.

I don't think so  

the op assumed he knew what kasks policy was ...then found out it wasn't what he wanted it to be

so now he trashes the helmet that saved his head ..

I have replaced helmets thru kask.. the policy varies thru territories ...that's how it is

its life ..it isn't always  the way you want it to be no need to whine about it

At no point did the OP trash the helmet, in fact praised the helmet for saving his life.  The trashing was directed at the replacement policy (assumed or not) as this was probably one of the reasons he purchased it in the first place...

Currently I own 4 helmuts,Giro, Bell, Louis Garneu and the above mentioned KASK mojito. The kask is by far the best fitting on my kop. That cool system they have at the back allows you to adjust that helmut perfectly. I was checking this out on one of our team rides recently and every member of my team has it adjusted differently. I didn't know about their replacement policy and I also never paid for the helmut as we used sponsors money to buy our helmuts and shoes in order to all look the same so not sure how it would work. Non of my team mates have had to try get theirs replaced either. Our shoes are also from NSquared(fiziik R3) but one of our members runs a LBS and he dealt with them so cant say what the service was like. Must say they accommodated us when we first ordered the helmut with the world champ stripes but didn't like it so returned them for the plain black with white stripes.

Sorry about the crash Wheelsuck.

Currently I own 4 helmuts,Giro, Bell, Louis Garneu and the above mentioned KASK mojito. The kask is by far the best fitting on my kop. That cool system they have at the back allows you to adjust that helmut perfectly. I was checking this out on one of our team rides recently and every member of my team has it adjusted differently. I didn't know about their replacement policy and I also never paid for the helmut as we used sponsors money to buy our helmuts and shoes in order to all look the same so not sure how it would work. Non of my team mates have had to try get theirs replaced either. Our shoes are also from NSquared(fiziik R3) but one of our members runs a LBS and he dealt with them so cant say what the service was like. Must say they accommodated us when we first ordered the helmut with the world champ stripes but didn't like it so returned them for the plain black with white stripes.

Sorry about the crash Wheelsuck.

You are spot on the product is great and that is why it is so sad that the warrantee is what sucks.

You are spot on the product is great and that is why it is so sad that the warrantee is what sucks.

I do not think that it is the warrantee that sucks. It did what it was meant to do, protect your head in a crash.

The fact that you had made an assumption about the way the manufacturer (either directly or via its local agent) would assist you in buying a new one after you had broken it in a crash, is not a warrantee issue.

My car came with a warrantee. When it broke, it was repaired. When I crashed it and it was written off, they did not want to give me a 50% discount on a new one even though I though that they would.

Can't really blame them, or KASK. Can you ? 

That is not the point I am afraid.........the marketing of products by companies for a bigger share of business leaves a lot to be desired. I entirely agree with Wheelsuck that if a companies selling point is X they must deliver X! One buys top helmets to do their job and welldone to the product that delivers however that's not an excuse to not deliver the full offering. In a tight business enviroment as in SA now one feels that shortcuts are taking place to protect profit margins which leaves a bad taste in the consumers mind and which he should bring to potential buyers attention!!! Well done for doing just that.

I do not think that it is the warrantee that sucks. It did what it was meant to do, protect your head in a crash.

The fact that you had made an assumption about the way the manufacturer (either directly or via its local agent) would assist you in buying a new one after you had broken it in a crash, is not a warrantee issue.

My car came with a warrantee. When it broke, it was repaired. When I crashed it and it was written off, they did not want to give me a 50% discount on a new one even though I though that they would.

Can't really blame them, or KASK. Can you ?

No its the offering thats wrong .....it did the job but the promise on the after market pledge was not delivered.......people by benefits on what the product offers.....if the 50% off offer was not in the sale then maybe the consumer would have bought another brand???