Bike Check: James Reid's Olympic Specialized S-Works Epic

Nick

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fork is 100mm. I can back this up with PROOF if needed. :whistling:

Definitely 100mm. You can see it in this pic. There are 2 sets of sag measurement markings, one for 80mm and one for 100mm. The fork is sitting just about 10mm below the 10% sag markings on the 100mm scale 

ccs-62657-0-45123200-1470926876.jpg

Is the fork travel 80mm ?? Looks a little short to be 100mm...

I thought all the brain forks were 90mm

Definitely 100mm. You can see it in this pic. There are 2 sets of sag measurement markings, one for 80mm and one for 100mm. The fork is sitting just about 10mm below the 10% sag markings on the 100mm scale 

ccs-62657-0-45123200-1470926876.jpg

sheesh, can you read the serial nr under the frame as well?! 

Mod note: Please refrain from personal jibes. Although all appeared to be in good spirit, let's stick to the topic (or at least a little closer to it).

so here's my olympic XCO drinking game suggestion, this is the one where we don't talk about shock mountings

every time gerald de kock mentions the spaz colour change you take a drink.

every time he mentions Sagan is a road rider, you take two drinks

every time he mentions how only nino/absolon and JK have won a world cup since 20voertsek you take three drinks

every time he mentions james reid, you down your drink

so here's my olympic XCO drinking game suggestion, this is the one where we don't talk about shock mountings

every time gerald de kock mentions the spaz colour change you take a drink.

every time he mentions Sagan is a road rider, you take two drinks

every time he mentions how only nino/absolon and JK have won a world cup since 20voertsek you take three drinks

every time he mentions james reid, you down your drink

Gerald didn't notice the colour change during the Road Races..what's the odds of him noticing it during the xco. ?

I was hoping we wouldn't get him for the xco..cause you know he might find a way to speak about Froome or Cavendish. Oh it will probably be how Froome was a xco rider and represented Kenya at a stage and another rider to make a switch in discipline this year is Cavendish....yep..that will be how he gets a way to speak of them..

You have no idea how confused he had me during the Omnium points race last night..

Edited by Gen

Gerald didn't notice the colour change during the Road Races..what's the odds of him noticing it during the xco. ?

I was hoping we wouldn't get him for the xco..cause you know he might find a way to speak about Froome or Cavendish. Oh it will probably be how Froome was a xco rider and represented Kenya at a stage and another rider to make a switch in discipline this year is Cavendish....yep..that will be how he gets a way to speak of them..

You have no idea how confused he had me during the Omnium points race last night..

well he's done the double act with Rochelle the whole way through, and since he's a mtber i'd be surprised if he didn't get this gig too.

He's actually done quite well having to call all these varied disciplines, under the circumstances.

Ok let's get back to the real issue here... Why does it not say S-WORKS on the frame?

How can anyone think about winning on a regular Specialized frame? ;)

Ok let's get back to the real issue here... Why does it not say S-WORKS on the frame?

How can anyone think about winning on a regular Specialized frame? ;)

does it not have something to do with the Olympics's rulle (40?) regarding branding etc. They are limited as far as I know and probably want joe public to see Specialized as S-Works will cause confusion?