SARS & eFiling - What gives?!

Johan A Marais

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Done mine as well.. went pretty smoothly. 

They changed some of the RA detail requirements thats the only difference for me! 

Got some money back... pays off some debt :-( 

SARS can suck a bag of D. submitting mine on the last day, they can then take their 21 days to look at mine and every other lazy bum. 

SARS can suck a bag of D. submitting mine on the last day, they can then take their 21 days to look at mine and every other lazy bum. 

My wife and I submitted on the same day, within a few minutes of each other.

we have some joint rental property other than that plain and simple income tax. I'm waiting for my refund and she gets audited, 4th year in a row.

Also still waiting for my small refund..

I heard via the grapevine that they do not have the money to pay for the refunds, thus we can expect lengthy delays before payments are made.

I had to pay in extra :(

Thankfully only like R150 but still, sucks after the already massive amount that I have contributed

The money coming in is not offsetting the millions that is being siphoned out of the country... the tax base has also shrunk. Me thinks that it is going to be a very lean year for SARS.

Also waiting for a small refund. Submitted return on Saturday and still no sign of payment.

Last year, refund was done within 3 days of submission.

Lets hope that Wannabe comment re the grapevine is just that..

we have some joint rental property other than that plain and simple income tax. I'm waiting for my refund and she gets audited, 4th year in a row.

Thats my exact case.

I know that it probably auto selects, but once you respond they have 21 days to accept or reject. Rather they have a million "audited" ones to go through along with the Mrs one.

a colleague phoned them.

there is a "backlog" and refunds could take up to 2 weeks to process

did my return on Saturday and should get almost R3k back. Hasn't come in yet but we'll see later in the week.

Same here

Also still waiting for my small refund..

I heard via the grapevine that they do not have the money to pay for the refunds, thus we can expect lengthy delays before payments are made.

Not true. I'm in the tax industry and we have been receiving some big refunds for our clients.

The delays are usually due to incompetence of their staff or system errors which seems to occur daily.

You should see the crap that we see. I'm also ex-SARS and all I can say is that they are in a shambles.

A friend of mine that works for SARS but in a different division says it should be 4 working days for the refund.