SARS & eFiling - What gives?!

Johan A Marais

Not quite. Most companies payroll is setup that you pay PAYE on the assumption that you will receive that salary for 12 months of the tax year. If you then only work 4 months in that tax year, the payroll system would have, in all likelyhood deducted 4 months worth of PAYE.

Come end of the tax year, you could be below the threshold and still have contributed PAYE. You can get this back from SARS, because as previously stated, that PAYE was deducted on the assumption that your monthly salary could be annualized for the full tax year.

What I was going to say. I will get a nice return next year because I am only getting paid till end of august but have been taxed as though I will be earning money for the additional 6 months.. So I will therefore go into a lower bracket and have tax refunded to me

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite. Most companies payroll is setup that you pay PAYE on the assumption that you will receive that salary for 12 months of the tax year. If you then only work 4 months in that tax year, the payroll system would have, in all likelyhood deducted 4 months worth of PAYE.

Come end of the tax year, you could be below the threshold and still have contributed PAYE. You can get this back from SARS, because as previously stated, that PAYE was deducted on the assumption that your monthly salary could be annualized for the full tax year.

This was most probably the case with wannabe's wife, but he also said that the ITSA stated that there was nothing due to them.

I would personally ask for a re-assessment.

Unless there was tax due from a previous assessment and SARS decided the refund belonged to them.

Because a Statement of Account generated by SARS has never been inaccurate >.>

I'm with you on that reassessment.

• 2 months later...

I have a question for the tax guru's;

If Say I owe SARS X

why do they not offset some from my medical aid and retirement annuity payments that they owe me?

In my case they say I owe X due to a PAYE shortfall

However, in the same breath I do not get credited for own medial aid contributions or RA contributions?

I'm seriously confused 

I have a question for the tax guru's;

If Say I owe SARS X

why do they not offset some from my medical aid and retirement annuity payments that they owe me?

In my case they say I owe X due to a PAYE shortfall

However, in the same breath I do not get credited for own medial aid contributions or RA contributions?

I'm seriously confused

Your total assessment for the year would have brought these into account, unless SARS was unhappy with your supporting documents and disallowed these credits.

Your total debt or refund would have brought these credits into account.

Edited by Eugene

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone else having issues with the efiling website.

I can log in OK, but when I try and open my ITR12 I get a message that says "busy preparing your form". It just hangs on that screen

Is anyone else having issues with the efiling website.

I can log in OK, but when I try and open my ITR12 I get a message that says "busy preparing your form". It just hangs on that screen

had the same issue when using Firefox browser. Used Google Chrome and it worked fine.

had the same issue when using Firefox browser. Used Google Chrome and it worked fine.

shot - problem sorted

Tick Tock awaiting my refund....

Makes a few of us..I am not being audited only a bank account verification..but all that is in and 3 weeks later still nada...

I

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Makes a few of us..I am not being audited only a bank account verification..but all that is in and 3 weeks later still nada...

I

You have to go in to a branch for this and it should have been approved there and then. I suggest you phone SARS. There may be a manual release required and unless you request this, they will never pay your refund

I

I logged in on Monday afternoon,submitted my return and this morning my refund is in my bank account.

I logged in on Monday afternoon,submitted my return and this morning my refund is in my bank account.

Luck of the draw it seems..hubby also got his refund within a day..

You have to go in to a branch for this and it should have been approved there and then. I suggest you phone SARS. There may be a manual release required and unless you request this, they will never pay your refund

Thx I'll give them a buzz

Tow of us in the office submitted our claims in July. Both got audited.

I got paid in September, he only got paid yesterday.

Good things come to those who wait  :D

Luck of the draw it seems..hubby also got his refund within a day..

Last year I was selected for audit. Submitted requested documentation and received refund 3 days later.

Helps to be a small fish.