Bonus

Not at all. Often wondered in sport, in general, how you manage your team to position a team leader to the top podium spot, without shooting yourself in the foot for the future.

I doubt you can keep many secrets, everyone will know each others diet, training plans.  As a team they do class workouts, discuss tactics etc.  Team mates I presume talk to each other.

It will only likely be team tactics on the day that may be specific and the grand tours only travel that road once in a while.

Am sure as a sky rider, if you move teams first thing that happens at the new team is you will get interrogated debriefed on how and what sky do on training camps etc

I know from my football days that both players and managers would bring new ideas to the new team based on things learn't at other teams

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt you can keep many secrets, everyone will know each others diet, training plans.  As a team they do class workouts, discuss tactics etc.  Team mates I presume talk to each other.

It will only likely be team tactics on the day that may be specific and the grand tours only travel that road once in a while.

Am sure as a sky rider, if you move teams first thing that happens at the new team is you will get interrogated debriefed tortured by Kiriyienka to forget  how and what sky do on training camps etc

I know from my football days that both players and managers would bring new ideas to the new team based on things learn't at other teams

Why did I read THAT.... :eek:

*and all you remember is:

"I will make you suffer"

post-51814-0-14150200-1500630567_thumb.jpg

Edited by s14phoenix

I think Froome's form is better than what has been made clear. A indication was the explosive attack yesterday. I think he is also being careful not to lose it all in a fall - and that I think will be the deciding factor - how carefull will he be?

Going out last will be the only thing preventing that since they could give him the detail around how fast he needs to go and how much to risk - I hope it is dry so we can have a head to head without contributing factors - I believe then Froome will put time into everyone and possibly even win the TT stage.

Agree on Froome's form.He has planned the whole season on doing the Tdf/Vuelta double and he is not going to do anything more than what is required to win this tour and to get out as fresh as possible.If all goes to plan we will see it in the TT on Saturday.

Lots has been said also about the advantages of a strong team and I do think it helps alot when it comes to him not having to do any unnecessary work.BUT that goes for all the other GC guys sitting on his wheel.

Not once during this tour or any other tour did he not MOVE when there was a REAL contender attacking.He always takes responsibility for the big moves..so Sky or no Sky when it's time to go man on man he was there and proved he can match them all.

People are making Landa sound like Superman..Let's see what happens when he is dedicated leader.And if it's Movistar he will have no excuses on the team not being strong enough.

Agree on Froome's form.He has planned the whole season on doing the Tdf/Vuelta double and he is not going to do anything more than what is required to win this tour and to get out as fresh as possible.If all goes to plan we will see it in the TT on Saturday.

Lots has been said also about the advantages of a strong team and I do think it helps alot when it comes to him not having to do any unnecessary work.BUT that goes for all the other GC guys sitting on his wheel.

Not once during this tour or any other tour did he not MOVE when there was a REAL contender attacking.He always takes responsibility for the big moves..so Sky or no Sky when it's time to go man on man he was there and proved he can match them all.

People are making Landa sound like Superman..Let's see what happens when he is dedicated leader.And if it's Movistar he will have no excuses on the team not being strong enough.

Agreed. I think all those 'games' which Froome played with the other GC boys, whilst Landa went up the road yesterday, were quite telling. As was when he broke away (plus when Bardet and Uran pulled it back perhaps?).

Not at all. Often wondered in sport, in general, how you manage your team to position a team leader to the top podium spot, without shooting yourself in the foot for the future.

You can see by the way Porte rides that he has the best understanding of how Froome likes to do things.Always on his wheel when the big attack comes and you won't see him pull through until he let's up.He will know most about Froome power delivery preferences and he has learned a lot at Sky and only need a bit of luck and he will be the one to take down Froome.

Very interesting finish. It is going to be a mad race by the teams to be first to that right hander at 1.2km to go.

Very Flat finish with a 400m final straight, so gonna be a high speed sprint, where EBH is more suited to a slower but tougher short uphill sprint, so he will give his best.

This is the last stage for Stevo to shine. I hope he tags along with whoever sprints for the intermediate points and then just rides off into the distance for a long range win over the Cat 3  climb.... we can dream...

i dont think stevo has it in him if you look at how he rode yesterday. seems like he's not feeling 100% after that crash he had on stage 17

You can see by the way Porte rides that he has the best understanding of how Froome likes to do things.Always on his wheel when the big attack comes and you won't see him pull through until he let's up.He will know most about Froome power delivery preferences and he has learned a lot at Sky and only need a bit of luck and he will be the one to take down Froome.

But presumably Sky know lots about Porte's preferences too. Pity we didn't get to see if they had an antidote...

... AND some downhill skill :ph34r:

Landa lost huge form during this Tour, he basically did recovery rides around France admiring the scenery with a small sprint effort for 20s on route till yesterday. 

He was battling to balance and knew his form had gone downhill and decided to do a small effort to wake up the system. Problem was he was riding fasted all day and once he went from burning fat to Carbs during the Hi intensity effort, he wasn't used to it and blew. Its like coming off the couch after 3 weeks and trying to hit a all out intensity effort. 

*posted this in mag magazine*

Where do you get this detailed information from?

Landa certainly did not admire the scenery of France when he was in the breakaway with Contador during stage 13. 

Apparently Quintana has offers from Sky and Astana. Can't see him getting a Tour spot as the leader in sky.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Maybe once he starts drinking their pineapple juice, he'll get back to form

I was not very impressed with Porte's comments that riders were "ganging up " against him during the Dauphine and also that the downhills during this year TdF are "too dangerous". Not sure whether he can handle the pressure of leading a team and winning a Grand Tour. 

Landa lost huge form during this Tour, he basically did recovery rides around France admiring the scenery with a small sprint effort for 20s on route till yesterday. 

He was battling to balance and knew his form had gone downhill and decided to do a small effort to wake up the system. Problem was he was riding fasted all day and once he went from burning fat to Carbs during the Hi intensity effort, he wasn't used to it and blew. Its like coming off the couch after 3 weeks and trying to hit a all out intensity effort. 

*posted this in mag magazine*

Really enjoyed that tweet yesterday! 

For us mortals one thinks they are always at max. Guess when you are at the top of your game these things can happen!