Bonus

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is leaning in to protect his line.... when you know there is going to be an impact you lean in to brace for the impact... same as rugby and soccer players do when the tackle is about to happen!

I get that is really do and relegation sure docked points sure.. as stated the whole sprint was chaotic .. DQ. Naha

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I get that is really do and relegation sure docked points sure.. as stated the whole sprint was chaotic .. DQ. Naha

I have a feeling we might see them change their minds...let's hope!

All sprinters to now have lumo front tyres to make sure they are seen before being cut off.

#letsmakeitaUCIrule

Agreed, they will have to make a decision on the appeal soon - before the start.

I have a feeling we might see them change their minds...let's hope!

Sadly I think if they were, there would already have been an announcement..

The UCI will rather take the bad press than ever have to admit that they were wrong.

People saying they are going to boycott the TDF and not watch today's stage in protest. May as well do a hand stand in protest, UCI/ASO not going to notice one bit if someone does not turn on their DSTV today or illegally stream. 

If people did not go stand at the side of the road I can understand, but with today's finish, nobody is going to stay away.

Sadly I think if they were, there would already have been an announcement..

The UCI will rather take the bad press than ever have to admit that they were wrong.

No such thing as bad press. Press is press. The tour de France last night got double the air time on news stations and trended on twitter. Lots of exposure for Le Tour, more people now konw about Vitel. etc etc.

two funny things for me - 

* it seems that there is no such thing as a viable appeal, sounds like it's being run by the stasi.

* the fine is 200 swiss francs. that's a laughable sum for such a big consequence.

No such thing as bad press. Press is press. The tour de France last night got double the air time on news stations and trended on twitter. Lots of exposure for Le Tour, more people now konw about Vitel. etc etc.

ja, but overshadowing a french victory!

Doesn't matter who was at fault here, only fact is that the overly harsh, kneejerk decision, has taken away much from the spectacle that is the TDF.

People saying they are going to boycott the TDF and not watch today's stage in protest. May as well do a hand stand in protest, UCI/ASO not going to notice one bit if someone does not turn on their DSTV today or illegally stream.

If people did not go stand at the side of the road I can understand, but with today's finish, nobody is going to stay away.

Nope.. but they will feel better about not watching and that is also fine.

Exactly... it's like going on social media saying how unfair the world is thinking you going to change something...

like Facebook protests etc etc.... they all like - "whatever... they'll be back tomorrow"

ja, but overshadowing a french victory!

Biggest win of Demare ' s career and not too much has been said about it.. not sure what the papers in France say. .also the poor guy that spent almost 200km on the front solo is getting very little airtime. . Poor guy that was quite the ride.

True cycling fans will continue watch the tour whether Sagan is in it or not. 

Cavendish failed spectacularly to squeeze through a gap that wasn't there

Short and sweet.

Archived