Schwalbe release Tire Booster for easier tubeless assembly

News bot

Hi,

I am not a MacGyver type of person, so not into the home made gismo's. If this will make the seating of a new set of tyres easy, with little hassel...I'm in.

Regards

Sarge

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

free.

http://adrianbriencars.com.au/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Tyre-Pressure-02-Web-Small.jpg

free.

http://adrianbriencars.com.au/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Tyre-Pressure-02-Web-Small.jpg

And obviously mtb's never go anywhere there isn't a petrol station right? No mtber really likes getting away from city, really just a useless product.

And obviously mtb's never go anywhere there isn't a petrol station right? No mtber really likes getting away from city, really just a useless product.

not sure where you are going, is this product meant to be carried in your pocket while out riding??

not sure where you are going, is this product meant to be carried in your pocket while out riding??

More like, say you are camping at trails far from town, or are at a stage race...or even if a tire dies on you during a race and you have spares in the car. Point being, I can see where it would be convenient. If you already have a compressor or the correct valve adaptor to make a mess at the garage, then don't buy it.

It's just annoying how the first response to any new product is negative on these sites.

More like, say you are camping at trails far from town, or are at a stage race...or even if a tire dies on you during a race and you have spares in the car. Point being, I can see where it would be convenient. If you already have a compressor or the correct valve adaptor to make a mess at the garage, then don't buy it.

It's just annoying how the first response to any new product is negative on these sites.

ok I get it now.

wonder if they tested that under conditions similar to a nice and toasty SA summer where the user brings a charged unit to a race, leaves it in the car (No shade) and comes back later.

I would think the pressure in that will increase substantially .... is there a release / safety valve at all in the design of the unit?

is it really that unsafe to make your own?

Even if you wrap the cylinder (2L plastic bottle) with duct tape to prevent it from shatter in possible explosion? :ph34r:

I have had a compressor - and that takes up space for just a "tubeless"  ... got rid of it

I go to the garage, buts its annoying having to do it there with motorists coming and going ...

The virgin active so far has been the best - with the bike service area ... 

However ...This makes perfect sense for home use ... I will get one when they at shops ..

for convenience ..

I built something like this for R120 with a fire extinguisher , few connections and a old compressor hose.

Keep that 60 EU    #macgyver 

I have a compressor so would not buy one but I can see the merit of this for cyclists with limited storage space at home or who do lots of stage racing.

Looks like a neat product and not overpriced considering cycling prices.

wonder if they tested that under conditions similar to a nice and toasty SA summer where the user brings a charged unit to a race, leaves it in the car (No shade) and comes back later.

I would think the pressure in that will increase substantially .... is there a release / safety valve at all in the design of the unit?

It's realistically only 11 bar in the cylinder.... and if it is similar to a paintball cylinder, then it can take several orders of magnitude more pressure...... more than enough safety margin....

Hi,

I am not a MacGyver type of person, so not into the home made gismo's. If this will make the seating of a new set of tyres easy, with little hassel...I'm in.

Regards

Sarge

A compressor will be better still a LOT better....

For R200 more you can buy a small compressor from adendorf

#justsaying

For about R5 I can drive to the gas station and use their compressor. What, like 5/6 times a year.