Schwalbe release Tire Booster for easier tubeless assembly

News bot

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea this is not new airshot does the same and were the first.

In the article "Schwalbe is now launching the Tire Booster, which was developed in collaboration with the British start-up Airshot"

Pretty cool and handy to have but a trip to the petrol station cost you nothing, ok, a tad bit of petrol but how often would you need to seat tyres anyways

they are trying to get us roadies to go tubeless because they got all the mtb crowd to go with it.

may go tubeless when the tubeless tires are closer to ordinary tires in price - right now it costs double for a tubeless road tire as compared to an ordinary one - they last just as long as one another and expense of all the stans and tape etc is about the same as a tube .

so its twice as expensive to run tubeless for the same mileage .

oh yeah and you may need new wheels too because all road wheelsets are not tubeless compatible.

and add the price of this new tire booster gadget- which you will use once or twice a year.

then consider what happens if you rip a tubeless road tire and it wont seal - do you want to try fit a tube (which you will carry anyway) in that monster non stretch bead thing on the road side ?

compare all this to really tiny marginal gains (you aren't going to run it soft for better traction this isn't CX) .......

and let me think ..which pros run tubeless again  ................ :ph34r:

its a gizmo with hype :whistling:

ill stick to tubes and your ordinary tires thanks schwalbe :thumbup:

Only reallY struggled to mount two tyres before that I had to go to a petrol station and have a moment or two of humour failure ..... one was a 26er tyre and the other 650b. ....the common denominator though wad that they were both Hans Dampfs

so it's like the coke bottle version, but with CE stamps of approval?

that product testing must have been fun.

Scuba tanks hold 300bar or more... doubt this can reach that much, but probably can hold far more than even the best footpump can attain.

We have destroyed 2 floor pumps trying to pop a tubeless tire of a rim with a tube inside. . 11 bar plus. When the tire popped. . .