• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit.

No his team’s not one of the wildcards.

Pity.

Is a pity.. he could smash it.

Now if someone can just convince DDD that they need to drop 2 of their non-performing show ponies and trade them for this kid they might just start winning races again.

He is locked up in a tight contract so that he can still smash the dirt and mud.. he is also really well paid

Now if someone can just convince DDD that they need to drop 2 of their non-performing show ponies and trade them for this kid they might just start winning races again.

He is not 37 yet, way too young for DDD. They looking at Bringing Jens voigt back, maybe Roy Curvers ...

MvdP crashes in the sprint at Nokere Koerse when in a good position to win, wins GP de Denain, comes 4th in Gent-Wevelgem and wins Dwars door Vlaanderen..... not a bad couple of weeks racing!!

The young man is definitely building a reputation as an exciting road racer!!... I for one look forward to watching him race!!

He is not 37 yet, way too young for DDD. They looking at Bringing Jens voigt back, maybe Roy Curvers ...

Despite being 38 years old Bernie Eissel from DDD still managed to beat Willie Smit by about 4 minutes during yesterday's race. 

One does not simply just sign a multiple world champion while being one of the worst pro teams... That would be like Fulham signing Messi.

MvdP has just turned 24.... He is a baby with tons of experience bred from quality bike racing stock. His dad won 6 classics, 2 TDF stages and was CX world champ.

The cycling world is his oyster and he will have the pick of the teams when his contract with Corendon-Circus is up. It will not be DDD unfortunately.... 

One does not simply just sign a multiple world champion while being one of the worst pro teams... That would be like Fulham signing Messi.

MvdP has just turned 24.... He is a baby with tons of experience bred from quality bike racing stock. His dad won 6 classics, 2 TDF stages and was CX world champ.

The cycling world is his oyster and he will have the pick of the teams when his contract with Corendon-Circus is up. It will not be DDD unfortunately.... 

He is locked up in a tight contract so that he can still smash the dirt and mud.. he is also really well paid

how well paid is he really? on CX terms?

according to pcs he is with Corendan to 2022. surely he will take offers to a world tour team after Tokyo. I see a football style contract buy out. You could even build a team around him like sagan/bora.

Mathieu Van Der Poel is one of the biggest talent of his generation: in today’s peloton, he is a rare athlete capable of winning major races across all disciplines. He recently announced that he would dedicate himself to cyclocross and mountain-bike racing through the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo.

“My intention is to go to the Olympic Games. That is the highest goal, and cyclocross is not an Olympic discipline. On the road you can also go to the Games, but it’s harder to be selected for that. I’ve already proven on the mountain bike that I can compete in a World Cup race. Whether it’s the same as the Games is hard to say. But I was not super professionally prepared for the World Cup. We can take another step with the right guidance.”

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/11/mathieu-van-der-poel-is-most-talented-bike-racer-on-planet/

now here is my wish. imagine Nino decides no epic in 2020 but tries some cyclocross early season. that would be a matchup worth tuning in to.

how well paid is he really? on CX terms?

according to pcs he is with Corendan to 2022. surely he will take offers to a world tour team after Tokyo. I see a football style contract buy out. You could even build a team around him like sagan/bora.

Mathieu Van Der Poel is one of the biggest talent of his generation: in today’s peloton, he is a rare athlete capable of winning major races across all disciplines. He recently announced that he would dedicate himself to cyclocross and mountain-bike racing through the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo.

“My intention is to go to the Olympic Games. That is the highest goal, and cyclocross is not an Olympic discipline. On the road you can also go to the Games, but it’s harder to be selected for that. I’ve already proven on the mountain bike that I can compete in a World Cup race. Whether it’s the same as the Games is hard to say. But I was not super professionally prepared for the World Cup. We can take another step with the right guidance.”

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/11/mathieu-van-der-poel-is-most-talented-bike-racer-on-planet/

now here is my wish. imagine Nino decides no epic in 2020 but tries some cyclocross early season. that would be a matchup worth tuning in to.

While I agree with you in terms of a potential buyout, I just really doubt DDD will be able to afford him and to reconstruct a team around him. It would also be a ludicrous decision on his part to sign with one of the bottom feeders on the pro tour.

Well bred stars approaching the prime of their lives don't often sign with nobody teams.

Is it perhaps time for a big Dutch company to stand up and throw some money back into the world tour? 

Not really well paid in comparison. There are domestiques paid more than him on average WT teams. His current team supports his goals, until they are done he won't move, when they are he will move / be bought out.

Not really well paid in comparison. There are domestiques paid more than him on average WT teams. His current team supports his goals, until they are done he won't move, when they are he will move / be bought out.

Well according to sporza his 2018 contract was €1m excluding endorsements.

What his current contract is worth, who knows but of course it is all speculation and just rumours.

For the moment his is happy with his situation.

Edited by Gen