The Classics

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Always a hell of a sprint in this race. The run in ratchets up and the final straight(s) go on for ever.  Brilliantly played again by DQS. A lesson in timing, patience and control. 

Edited by Dirt Tracker

Always a hell of a sprint in this race. The run in ratchets up and the final straight(s) go on for ever.  Brilliantly played again by DQS. A lesson in timing, patience and control. 

Yip, they did well... For a moment I thought Lawless was going to take it but he was not patient enough and went too soon.

Pity that Ryan Gibbons could not start... i reckon he had a very good chance for a podium today.

It's no longer a WorldTour race

Was wondering where all the big guns where like Viviani, Groene' 

Apparently Kitten crashed somewhere near the end

Kitten's been really struggling

But will there be drizzle?

Pic by @kramon

Kramon_Roubaix2018_0513-1280x842.jpg

I'm still planning on how I'm going to be sick on Sunday (my week starts then). If it rains I'm not even bothering thinking of an excuse. "Hi sir, yes, it's raining in Roubaix, I'm not coming in."

Felt for EBH, at least he gave it a go.  Sprint teams were never going to let him stay away.  At least TDD got some tv airtime!!

Shame the recent interviews with Renshaw, EBH etc aren't painting a picture of a focused campaign more ad hoc and filling holes from illness. Can't believe that the new signings and firepower they have aren't getting anywhere. If I were them I might remove the 'True Flandrian' Vermote video for a bit considering how anonymous he's been along with Valgren and Bak. Comes across a bit 'style over substance'. 

Edited by Yo-yo

Cavendish FTW!  :ph34r:

But seriously how cool would it be in Daniel Oss won?

Or a win from Mitchelton-Scott. 

Use SAGAN as the fake-out attack. And then OSS rides away! Brilliant!

You should be as DS

Cavendish FTW!  :ph34r:

But seriously how cool would it be in Daniel Oss won?

Or a win from Mitchelton-Scott. 

you made me check the startlist there!

very cool

he's a DS now, imagine if he directed it from the passenger seat?

Edited by juan pelota

you made me check the startlist there!

very cool

he's a DS now, imagine if he directed it from the passenger seat?

A glorious moment, gave me goosebumps(again). 

Hated that day.

Boonen just coming back from his terrible crash found himself at the front with no form and was beaten on the line by this zwifter who was in the break all day.

Over the radio QS heard there was a crash and Sagan bunnyhopped Cancellara...Panzerwagon was now very alert and start putting the hurt down, our champ Boonen was in the select group.

Boonen lost the sprint as he wasnt perfectly placed and was a bit boxed it...a win what wouldve made him the only person to win 5 cobbled trophies.

That day, I died in the lounge.