The Classics

'Dale

4 races today with deserved winners in each (sorry Borghini and Nizzolo, would have liked for either of them to win)

And how happy are we Viviani got a win. Edited by Gen

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good team riding hey. That pace was really high..

They learnt d from Friday.. You need numbers.

Let's hope they give him someone strong to chaperone him in the upcoming Big Races!

With a bit of support this year I can see him taking Flanders and Roubaix... whenever that takes place...

I wanted her to win today. Always gives a hundred percent effort to the team's cause. Gutted that she didn't win but a brilliant performance from her nonetheless.

Yeah I really like watching her race. There are no half measures with her. And even when they were caught she still tried to carry on sprinting.. Heart of a lion

Just finished watching the ladies race now; thank goodness for GCN’s on demand service.

A different type of excitement, compared to the men’s race. Had to feel for the two off the front.

And how happy are we Viviani got a win.

Yes, great to see that.

But did you see how bad boy Bohanni behaved in that final sprint? pushing someone in the barriers  - this guy needs to get booted,

Edited by kosmonooit

Just finished watching the ladies race now; thank goodness for GCN’s on demand service.

A different type of excitement, compared to the men’s race. Had to feel for the two off the front.

It was proper racing it should be said.

Yes, great to see that.

But did you see how bad boy Bohanni behaved in that final sprint? pushing someone in the barriers with a head butt - this guy needs to get booted out the peloton.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1376196963893305350

Terrible.. I don't know when enough is enough with that one... And he gave him a shove on the other side of the road already.

The youngsters did really well to stay upright.... I still don't know how..

Terrible.. I don't know when enough is enough with that one... And he gave him a shove on the other side of the road already.

The youngsters did really well to stay upright.... I still don't know how..

Better barriers than at the Tour of Poland...?

BOOOhanni is disgraceful.

It is astounding that teams still feel his character is worth the risk.

Having him on the roster is like driving with worn tires. It's not an 'accident' when something does inevitably happen, it's negligent  

210520191524_224505STK-1_720x720.png

Which is the better result? The INEOS shut out at Catalunya or Jumbo taking the mens and womens races in Belgium?

Both have got to be pretty historic events?

210520191524_224505STK-1_720x720.png

Which is the better result? The INEOS shut out at Catalunya or Jumbo taking the mens and womens races in Belgium?

Both have got to be pretty historic events?

Depends if one enjoys Test match cricket or ODI formats. Both are cool, but for me the ODI (Ghent-Welvegem) takes the cake this time. Ineos were good, but other teams were a little lacking.

UCI needs to catch a reality check...

Banning the supertuck and tri position whilst having no protocol on the hideous and dangerous behavior of the likes of Bouhani yesterday - there should be suspensions, fines, not mere relegations.

Yet they want to tell others how to ride their bikes. How many accidents have happened from supertucks and tri positions? zilch as far as I know.

This is where a effective riders union should act.

UCI needs to catch a reality check...

Banning the supertuck and tri position whilst having no protocol on the hideous and dangerous behavior of the likes of Bouhani yesterday - there should be suspensions, fines, not mere relegations.

Yet they want to tell others how to ride their bikes. How many accidents have happened from supertucks and tri positions? zilch as far as I know.

This is where a effective riders union should act.

Groenewegen's suspension was questionable, but if that's the precedent, then the same MUST follow here. sure, there was no horrible outcome here, but the penalty that follows must be as if there was. my 2c on this.

additionally, Bouhanni has a history in incidents like this and I feel it's imperative the UCI bring that into deliberations on further outcomes. unless they think socks are more important.

I'm pretty certain that the Cofidis DS is happier now though...

Depends if one enjoys Test match cricket or ODI formats. Both are cool, but for me the ODI (Ghent-Welvegem) takes the cake this time. Ineos were good, but other teams were a little lacking.

A good analogy. However the Classics are more like knock out ODI ito the need to perform both individually and teamwise.