Bike Hub Features

To you too bru.

A bit of a circular argument. I don't have an issue with fashionistas, just don't try get the rest of us to follow suit.

There is the creation of an issue if you refer to others, different than you, as muppets without a backbone. ????

Upholding 'Each to his/her own' does not include an insult.

????????????

(Unless you were joking, then let's party on????)

Edited by 'Dale

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a few pairs of "cool" socks, to see what the fuss was about.

They look 2 x better, and are 2 x more comfortable than my old socks. So they are 4 x better overall. But they cost 5 x more. Because none of these figures have been estimated and the maths is 100% correct, I did not buy any more cool socks. 

just because it is friday, i felt like these needed a repost. You ignore Saddam at your peril( even posthumously)

I hate these Strava chasing poseurs the most!

attachicon.gif2016-worldtour-kits-tinkoff-datcha.jpg

So thats a sponsor telling a multiple world champ, a winner of multiple stage races to wear silly socks.

Money Talks

I think we differ on silly socks. Those are clearly part of a kit being same as the bib and the shirt. But yes, Oleg is not the benchmark of the height of fashion. His La Datcha kit, however, was very cool. As was their lumo yellow kit.

I think this thread is absolutely indicative of the times... Zeitgeist.

People wafting their opinions about willy nilly, then B disagrees but instead of saying

'I absolutely see where you are coming from A, however I like dressing my ankle/calves up with images of Odin's Raven and 80's wall paper. It is so cool that we as cyclists can have such diverse taste yet the fundamental love of our sport is shared..'

B goes on a name calling tirade which is then shot down by friends of A who also resort to generalised name calling and everybody ends up 'offended' and calling their mothers..

Long socks, short socks, bright socks and grey socks... whatever tickles your gullet. BUT it doesn't maketh the cyclist, which I think is a point which is being somewhat lost

I think this thread is absolutely indicative of the times... Zeitgeist.

People wafting their opinions about willy nilly, then B disagrees but instead of saying

'I absolutely see where you are coming from A, however I like dressing my ankle/calves up with images of Odin's Raven and 80's wall paper. It is so cool that we as cyclists can have such diverse taste yet the fundamental love of our sport is shared..'

B goes on a name calling tirade which is then shot down by friends of A who also resort to generalised name calling and everybody ends up 'offended' and calling their mothers..

Long socks, short socks, bright socks and grey socks... whatever tickles your gullet. BUT it doesn't maketh the cyclist, which I think is a point which is being somewhat lost

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

If I want to wear R400 a pair Sako7 socks, then that's my choice.

If you want to call me names because of it, well that makes you the knobhead not me.

I agree 100% that how we turn up to ride and what we want to ride has got nothing to do with any one else.

If only there were not threads where a guy's socks justifies the criticism of his personality.....

I agree 100% that how we turn up to ride and what we want to ride has got nothing to do with any one else.

If only there were not threads where a guy's socks justifies the criticism of his personality.....

Except of course if we ride helmetless. Then the jury is out on who can and who can't comment.

Except of course if we ride helmetless. Then the jury is out on who can and who can't comment.

Everybody is always welcome to comment on anything. How we comment is a completely different subject.

I think the sock trend has really taken off because many folks are committed to wearing club/sponsors kit when they ride.  It is great for everyone to be dressed in club kit, the group looks so smart on the road, your choice of sock is a way for you to express yourself. 

We can all agree that secret socks are a no no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reported this post just for the mere fact that you used the term ????