Bike Hub Features

:huh:

It worry me to think how the underwear looks of everyone on here who says socks isn't 'important' to cycling kit... because socks one/the world can see while you wear it, your underwear one/the world can't and hence I am to believe that your 'attention to detail' will lack even more in that regard...

:P

Best would be to not mention it. someone might give you the offer "show me yours ill show you mine".

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool will try them, Pep iv'e found rubbish, their socks are like tissue paper. 

That was my next port o call.  Thanks for the heads up.

Maybe riding without socks and a good inner will work.  Done it before when cheap socks were unavailable.  

Worked for me.

I have no problem with others shaving their legs, but I don't have calves, so I don't want them to look even skinnier. At least I don't have skinny girly arms like the rest of the cyclists. Girly arms are just wrong on a man. Leave the razor and rather lift something heavy.

Socks...I love my donut versus socks. They go nicely with my pink laces too.

that is why bench press Monday is a international training day.

That was my next port o call.  Thanks for the heads up.

Maybe riding without socks and a good inner will work.  Done it before when cheap socks were unavailable.  

Worked for me.

Simple solution for appearance's is polish your ankles to give the appearance you are wearing socks.  :lol:

I have low tolerance for overpriced fashion posing as must have functionality.

The last 2 riding tops I bought were dirt cheap. A long sleeve compression top, spandex and polyester mix. Cost me 30 bucks from some bargain bin store I found in Woodstock main road. Then last week or so I found a 100% polyester dry fit t-shirt in another bargain bin in china town ottery. This one was 70 bucks. Lekker tops. Well made. Good Fit. So I struggle to find any sense in spending a couple hundred (sometimes thousands) on something MTB specific which is spandex/polyester anyways.

So yah. Socks are sock. I can relate to the sentiment expressed here by others.

Except that after buying my first pair of Versus socks I changed my tune completely.

For one reason. Their trail socks have this thick, tight fabric round the ankle.

This really saves your ankles from scrapes and cuts. Its thick enough to take the sting out of some minor knocks too. It made me a sock snob. Now I hate socks that use ribbing to pull off elasticity. Or socks that have an elastic at the brim only. Jeez just thinking about it makes me want to peel them off and scratch the indents they leave on my legs. Like my ankles spent the afternoon sandwiched between a braai grill. 

I can't speak for the rest of the socks up in here. But I'll never go back to wearing *** socks again. Versus for life. 

The last 2 riding tops I bought were dirt cheap. A long sleeve compression top, spandex and polyester mix. Cost me 30 bucks from some bargain bin store I found in Woodstock main road. Then last week or so I found a 100% polyester dry fit t-shirt in another bargain bin in china town ottery. This one was 70 bucks. Lekker tops. Well made. Good Fit. So I struggle to find any sense in spending a couple hundred (sometimes thousands) on something MTB specific which is spandex/polyester anyways.

Except that after buying my first pair of Versus socks I changed my tune completely.

For one reason. Their trail socks have this thick, tight fabric round the ankle.

This really saves your ankles from scrapes and cuts. Its thick enough to take the sting out of some minor knocks too. It made me a sock snob. Now I hate socks that use ribbing to pull off elasticity. Or socks that have an elastic at the brim only. Jeez just thinking about it makes me want to peel them off and scratch the indents they leave on my legs. Like my ankles spent the afternoon sandwiched between a braai grill. 

I can't speak for the rest of the socks up in here. But I'll never go back to wearing *** socks again. Versus for life. 

How often do you cut and scrape your ankles? #EkVraMaarNet

How often do you cut and scrape your ankles? #EkVraMaarNet

Honestly? Probably only a handful of times over the years.

But again I've never fallen on my head either. Ever. But I still wear a helmet.

This

They are doing something right, for sure.

post-35786-0-95828600-1485438950_thumb.jpg

But there is no way I would be seen wearing any one of their premium race range.  The white comes close but the tennis type stripe at the top kills that one.

How about some plain fluro colours with no "I actually an introvert trying my best to hide the fact" patterns on a pastel background?

I have no problem with others shaving their legs, but I don't have calves, so I don't want them to look even skinnier. At least I don't have skinny girly arms like the rest of the some cyclists. Girly weak/underdeveloped arms are just wrong. on a man. Leave the razor and rather lift something heavy.

Socks...I love my donut versus socks. They go nicely with my pink laces too.

Fixed :whistling:

They are doing something right, for sure.

attachicon.gifPS1038.jpg

But there is no way I would be seen wearing any one of their premium race range.  The white comes close but the tennis type stripe at the top kills that one.

How about some plain fluro colours with no "I actually an introvert trying my best to hide the fact" patterns on a pastel background?

I have to agree, these "funky" designs are very juvenile.