Bike Hub Features

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS 1000000000000000 times over !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I so rather spend A 150 bucks on 5 pairs of no name shimano socks or Trail fees or Wheel bearings.

Socks are not going to improve my ride but a bike that runs good or a day pass to a good park will.

YOU DON't have to share my sentiment !!

Power to all you sock dopers out there :thumbup:

I concur

Best part with all you poseurs is that you worry about socks and then wear either pro team or advertising shirts. What fashion is that?

Are you serious guy!?!? I'm not advertising anything, I like the designs. End of.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can't believe you don't have Finni's socks in you line up??

True have a great pair

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Guys, this thread is to discuss opinions of the BRAND of socks tested, not their LENGTH

but but different BRANDS believe different LENGTHS are 'right' and oh the length is very important to me..

:huh:

It worry me to think how the underwear looks of everyone on here who says socks isn't 'important' to cycling kit... because socks one/the world can see while you wear it, your underwear one/the world can't and hence I am to believe that your 'attention to detail' will lack even more in that regard...

:P

I have many pairs of cool sock, they make me happy when I put them on to go for a ride.

My biggest disappointment in all of the brands though is how the designs fade very quickly when they are on and stretched a bit. I have big calves but they arent crazy big so its a bit annoying when the design that looked so good before I put them on doesnt look great afterwards.

Those falke thick socks are the worst, very uncomfortable and you almost need a shoe size bigger to accommodate them. Also thick does NOT mean warm

:huh:

It worry me to think how the underwear looks of everyone on here who says socks isn't 'important' to cycling kit... because socks one/the world can see while you wear it, your underwear one/the world can't and hence I am to believe that your 'attention to detail' will lack even more in that regard...

:P

Cycling bibs and underwear is a no no......... now you've started a new sub thread :ph34r:

I get that when you are riding road, or in bigger groups of MTB its lekker to peacock - and that's great for mating. 

In which case, I would get the Trace socks - as they look great; but I don't and I don't so I don't.

I myself prefer socks that can get dirty without looking dirty or bloody from bleeding knees and or shins and I don't have to discard a R100 sock because of a stain.  For trail / enduro general mtb fooling around, I prefer falke's trailrunning padded socks - yes, the short ones, or black Wilson tennis socks - medium length (5-pack for like R120). (I'm sure I've just lost friends and alienated people with that statement - oh well) I don't fret if a thornbush bites them and makes a hole, or if I lose one after a ride loading my kit (read: throwing from a distance) in the car.

And maybe it's just me, but not a fan of the cyclist tell: white foot/ankle, tanned calf/shin/knee, white above the knee.

My R30 "XTR" socks last about 8 months of general enduro riding (if I don't fall and write them off) 

They keep my feet comfortable on longs days when I also have to hike up hills like hakahana

and that is all I want want form a sock and that is what they give. 

Plain simple and cheap and no Media hype to try and justify my 140 bucks socks ( I did not even know there are socks that cost 400 bucks F0k ! :eek:

Pse tell where you get XTR socks for R30

Oh yes, and calling something 'sexy' does not make it so, may as well have called it 'funky' - exact same sentiment.  It's similar to calling the Etios Cross a 'rugged crossover'.

Marketer's desperate attempts to distinguish the bland from the norm.