Anyone using Zwift?

I assume that nobody uses their cycling computer while zwifting, and you just connect your HR monitor smart trainer etc and get the data displayed on the HUD on Zwift and then it gets sent to Garmin / Strava when you end the activity?

Only use it for HR to get Disco points

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a smart trainer but I also connect my Polar watch (picks up my separate cadence & power devices but reads my shared HR (H10) with the smart trainer so that my Polar site can also track my indoor rides...other wise it thinks I'm under-trained...!

I use my Garmin as well, also mostly for Vitality. Then I just delete the duplicate entry on Strava if it happens.

Unfortunately the way Garmin license firstbeat metrics you have to record on the Garmin device if you want all the data to get into Garmin connect... So I also record on my Fenix or Edge.

Unfortunately the way Garmin license firstbeat metrics you have to record on the Garmin device if you want all the data to get into Garmin connect... So I also record on my Fenix or Edge.

My Zwift is set up to export my rodes to Garmin

You now have me wondering what data is not transfered ...

My Zwift is set up to export my rodes to Garmin

You now have me wondering what data is not transfered ...

Depends on what Garmin device you have. Firstbeat have about 20 metrics under license. So you potentially are missing...

TSS, TE, Aerobic, Anaerobic, Exercise Load ... Mostly your “Training Status” won’t be updated.

Depends on what Garmin device you have. Firstbeat have about 20 metrics under license. So you potentially are missing...

TSS, TE, Aerobic, Anaerobic, Exercise Load ... Mostly your “Training Status” won’t be updated.

I've found that by linking my Strava profile to intervals.icu (dev'd by a local hubber and it's epic) and the Elevate Chrome plugin, I get most of that stuff.

My HR device/straps can connect to two Bluetooth devices simultaneously (Polar H10) so can Zwift and log my ride to Polar off the one device. Not sure about Garmin HR devices...

Can’t the HR strap connect directly to Zwift?

It can, just not sure if it can sync to Discovery via Zwift->Garmin.

So, I just use my Garmin to connect to all the normal sensors, and Zwift connects to the trainer and same HR/cadence as the Garmin.

I assume that nobody uses their cycling computer while zwifting, and you just connect your HR monitor smart trainer etc and get the data displayed on the HUD on Zwift and then it gets sent to Garmin / Strava when you end the activity?

I still record on my edge to get discovery vitality points :ph34r: . But yeah if you dont need this then just record on Zwift and send to Garmin/Strava and TP.

It is a bit strange that you don't get TSS or IF but you do get Normalised Power. They are all so closely related it makes no sense that you don't get all 3 if you get one of them... /shrugs

Use my Edge 530 during workouts so that I can see ave lap power during the various intervals, as I don't like ERG mode. But then don't save it to avoid duplication.

Question: How big a difference does a graphic card really make? Ok let me narrow it down:
1. I run a i5 PC with 8Gb memory (so Ok there I assume?)

2. HDMI out to a big screen FHD TV (1080P not 4K)

3. Very entry level graphics cards (so yeah Zwift does not go ultra here)

Zwift runs perfectly smooth but the graphics (in the absence of seeing anything else) looks ok-ish.

Is getting something better to go to Ultra on a 1080P TV worth it? Will I really see a difference on a 1080P TV if I for example buy a GTX 1650 Super Graphics card? Will it be..WOW! I mean it is close to R4k for this graphics card..and yeah I love good graphics, but will it improve a lot from normal to Ultra on 1080P (I would assume at 60fps)

I record with my FR945, because it uploads my respiration rate, training effects and fluid loss to GC, things which Zwift never will. 

Zwift then pushes to Strava only. My Garmin recording does push to Strava as well, but I delete that activity right away to avoid duplication.