Willie Smit

FootballingCyclist

Shame some seriously sad, frustrated and boring keyboard hub warrior trolls out there, but hey I guess its friday so go ahead and spoil the fun. You were obviously never young or reckless

Oh dear. I didn't upload it expecting this to be the focus point of discussion.

I underestimate the hublic mindset far too often

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be so soft, it was out in the Boland, with Multiple support vehicles, all the riders are professionals that know a thing or two. 

Seems like keyboard hub warrior and offended millennial are becoming synonymous 

WITH your logic, F1 Drivers can speed on our roads because they are pros' and know a thing or two?

Will do same here, embarrassing at best. 

But on my next commute when I car brushes my elbow I can assume the driver saw this video and decided ALL cyclist acts like this and not care about my safety

Except that how a motorist treats a cyclist has nothing to do with cyclists actions. Does a driver thing, bloody cyclists, let me have a brandy for the road! Or, Bloody cyclists let me whatsapp my mates! Or, Bloody cyclists let me do 120 in a 60 zone! 

Most of the cyclist fatalities the driver only sees the cyclist as they fly over the bonet of the car. 

If every cyclist obeyed every law all the time, would not make a single difference to cycling fatalities at the hands of drivers.

Except that how a motorist treats a cyclist has nothing to do with cyclists actions. Does a driver thing, bloody cyclists, let me have a brandy for the road! Or, Bloody cyclists let me whatsapp my mates! Or, Bloody cyclists let me do 120 in a 60 zone! 

Most of the cyclist fatalities the driver only sees the cyclist as they fly over the bonet of the car. 

If every cyclist obeyed every law all the time, would not make a single difference to cycling fatalities at the hands of drivers.

Sorry, but I disagree. How people treat each other is very much influenced on how they treat each other.

"Death" isn't and shouldn't be the only measurement of impact, thats a bit absolutist. 

Edit: But this is Willie's thread, we can take that debate to the many threads we have for them. 

Edited by Patchelicious

So, them skipping the Stop, and getting hit by a car, would not change the nr of fatalities on the occasion? 

How are any of you defending this behavior? 

Let's try again. 

They are reckless, and not law abiding.

They are part of the problem and poor examples.

what a fun place.

pull yourself up by the bootstraps, work your gat off, get a bit of luck, get a pro contract with a world tour team. living the dream

2 pages of comments in 20 months.

have a bike based batchelors with some very tame riding on your vlog. 

2pages in 2hours, and counting.

This is a fail in many ways and there is just no way you can justify it.

Removing the video or never having posted it would not have made it not happen. It did.

This should not have happened.

(The 3:29 no stop was not the first and only issue)

Edited by porqui

what a fun place.

pull yourself up by the bootstraps, work your gat off, get a bit of luck, get a pro contract with a world tour team. living the dream

Calm down son. 

We salute and recognize Willie for all his work and achievements, no one is saying hang him. 

No doubt in my mind, every Hubber and South African Cyclist is a fan, young and old, which makes this worse. 

He should lead by example. 

I disagree, I have asked a Driver to give at least 1m and not pass so close and this was his response

" You cyclist dont give F****about road rules so F*** your 1,5M bullsh1t"

Calm down son. 

We salute and recognize Willie for all his work and achievements, no one is saying hang him. 

No doubt in my mind, every Hubber and South African Cyclist is a fan, young and old, which makes this worse. 

He should lead by example. 

And so should the other well KNOW pro's and cyclist that were with him.

I disagree, I have asked a Driver to give at least 1m and not pass so close and this was his response

" You cyclist dont give F****about road rules so F*** your 1,5M bullsh1t"

Do you have any proof he has seen any cyclists breaking road rules or was he just a knob justifying why he is a knob with a random statement. 

Most drivers dont know the road rules, so how on earth would they know if a cyclist is breaking them?

what a fun place.

Clever kid, all exposure is good exposure.

what a fun place.

Clearly you were typing this while driving.... No capital letter etc.

Do you have any proof he has seen any cyclists breaking road rules or was he just a knob justifying why he is a knob with a random statement. 

Most drivers dont know the road rules, so how on earth would they know if a cyclist is breaking them?

Seriously ? Skipping a red light and stop street is pretty obvious.

I see cyclist breaking the law on my commute DAILY so the chance is very good that the motorist feels like that. 

I have also had people tell me at work that cyclist are worse than taxis....that NONE obey the laws. 

What must I say then ? "but YOU text and drive"? How stupid would that bad.

I answer with unfortunately you are right MOST cyclist ride like D1cks

So, them skipping the Stop, and getting hit by a car, would not change the nr of fatalities on the occasion? 

How are any of you defending this behavior? 

Let's try again. 

They are reckless, and not law abiding.

They are part of the problem and poor examples.

Never defended Willie, just saying from the actual real world cycling deaths, that drivers attitude towards cyclist means nothing. 

Deaths is a good measure of cars vs cyclists. The rest is made up feelings.