Willie Smit

FootballingCyclist

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Willie doesn't become a 2 post wonder. Would love for him to post on the hub from time to time(The Grand Tour threads would be awesome).

John, persuade him please.

Sure I’ll have a word with him, we both at training camps so communication is a little limited but will have a chat. Also his postings wkkk depend of travel and race schedule but I am willing to kidnap his bird (not wife) over Tour time and get him to post.

Plenty anonymous deeek swinging going on... don't know why we all have to be so aggressive and assertive in our opinions.

I'm in the boat that reckons this doesn't belong on the internet, for the simple reason it could quite easily be used as a stick to beat us cyclists again... I really wouldn't want this to pop up on News24. I have though definitely done dumber things in my life... luckily not on the internet.

I can also though quite comfortably move on having had my say, and allow people to make their own choices in the end. It is very unlikely to have any effect on my life... and let's be honest, we seldom will change anyones mind on here.

I guess the biggest disappointment is how hard we all find it to have such simple conversations, especially since we're all on the same team.

Anyways, peace out - safe cycling this festive season  :thumbup:

Wat is jou probleem?

Die fake lawyer praat die taal!!

My problem? Okes who watch a vlog and think this guy doesn't have his head screwed on right.

Willie Smit grew up with an alcoholic mother who neglected him. He never went to school, and learned to fend for himself, spending large parts of his early childhood with his friends in the townships, as suburban parents in his area refused to let their children befriend him.

But at age 12, child services put him in the custody of his paternal grandparents, and this is when he discovered sport – and cycling. It turned his life around, though he had to overcome some stern challenges in the process, including the Epstein–Barr virus (a type of Herpes), among others.

However, his resilience has also made him a 947 Cycle Challenge winner, a two-time Mpumalanga Tour winner, the 2017 African Continental Champion, and the latest South African to join a UCI Pro World Tour Team, after he signed with Team Katusha Alpecin.

Hope some actually made the effort of reading my description in the video. Also Ironically enough if John's not allowed to Toutch or drink Alcohol, were we really drinking alcohol and then posting it on Social media ... Have a good Christmas everyone and remember, ride your bike ;) Oh yes my Wedding vlogs up next. Remember to troll and make me famous!

The faces those guys were pulling tell me it wasn't Coke in those shot glasses.You can hear someone saying...."Get John some Coke".

Been one of your supporters for a while but trying to take someone for a D**s like this isn't on and i'll find another Saffa to cheer for.

Die fake lawyer praat die taal!!

My problem? Okes who watch a vlog and think this guy doesn't have his head screwed on right.

Willie Smit grew up with an alcoholic mother who neglected him. He never went to school, and learned to fend for himself, spending large parts of his early childhood with his friends in the townships, as suburban parents in his area refused to let their children befriend him.

But at age 12, child services put him in the custody of his paternal grandparents, and this is when he discovered sport – and cycling. It turned his life around, though he had to overcome some stern challenges in the process, including the Epstein–Barr virus (a type of Herpes), among others.

However, his resilience has also made him a 947 Cycle Challenge winner, a two-time Mpumalanga Tour winner, the 2017 African Continental Champion, and the latest South African to join a UCI Pro World Tour Team, after he signed with Team Katusha Alpecin.

That is exactly why I said what I did. I know about his past. He has talent and the commitment and drive to be a successful cyclist. Sometimes athletes throw career away because of the very fact they didn't have the right structure at up-bringing.

Now go and piss on the other okes that called Willie's behaviour disgraceful. I didn't.... and then you come and apologize to me

Edited by CogitoErgoSum

I haven't watched the video but if there is a stupid hand leading in any part of the video I am not watching it..

On that note.. I wish Willy and his new bride all the happiness in the world.

I haven't watched the video but if there is a stupid hand leading in any part of the video I am not watching it..

On that note.. I wish Willy and his new bride all the happiness in the world.

Gen for the love of God please dont let your kids see it!

Its a gateway to a life of alcohol and drugs.

I BEG YOU!

I BEG YOU!

Ha ha ha ha (insert whatever font you like now) more so then what I do when I celebrate things... yoh must be bad[emoji6]

good point.

even the next guy is doing it now

4EABA07400000578-0-image-a-6_15328796547

Burn him at the stake before it gets out of hand!

Everyone knows that it's Appletizer, not the real thing...

I BEG YOU!

Is this one of the those deals when you watch the video and 3 days later a young lady in wet clothing comes to kill you?

post-2412-0-73464400-1544514153_thumb.jpg

Is this one of the those deals when you watch the video and 3 days later a young lady in wet clothing comes to kill you?

Even better

You become the young lady!