My wife just doesn't get it!

Chris NewbyFraser

I just bought a sexy XT shifter from Milky34something. Typical XT - its a thing of beauty. So I showed the missus and..................

....nothing.

She looked at me and there was confusion in her eyes. I tried to save the opportunity. I tried so hard to explain why the curves are so right for my Spez bars and how the dual action is a real comfort. I really tried and..................

......nothing.

I just don't get my wife (or women for aht matter). And she rides off-road tandem with me nogal. She should understand!!!!!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahaha I almost know the feeling. Wife struggles to see the point in upgrades, and does not even want to buy a new bartape. 

I just bought a sexy XT shifter from Milky34something. Typical XT - its a thing of beauty. So I showed the missus and..................

....nothing.

She looked at me and there was confusion in her eyes. I tried to save the opportunity. I tried so hard to explain why the curves are so right for my Spez bars and how the dual action is a real comfort. I really tried and..................

......nothing.

I just don't get my wife (or women for aht matter). And she rides off-road tandem with me nogal. She should understand!!!!!

maybe if you let her sit at the front of the tandem, and allow her free reign of the controls she might appreciate the shifter more ............... or like Droo said, get a SRAM shifter and groupset to get her excited about the drive train on your bike

now if it had been SRAM Eagle and GOLD... am sure the bling factor would have gotten a reaction.....

Buy SRAM next time. Pretty sure you'll get a reaction then.

Or buy Campagnolo and you will get a really big reaction when the credit card bill arrives. 

My wife named my new bike "Padrona" (mistress), because I spend more time riding my bike than.... well you know the rest  :ph34r:

Says that she knows I love it more than her, but also knows that I can't get it pregnant. 

Upgraded my bike from a blue Scott frame to an all black Cannondale beaut, transferred all the parts and ... because the wheels were the same, she saw no difference ... Simply Loveit.

:clap:

now if it had been SRAM Eagle and GOLD... am sure the bling factor would have gotten a reaction.....

^^This^^

But only if you have the matching chainring with the gold scribble ???? The black XO version just won't do

^^This^^

But only if you have the matching chainring with the gold scribble The black XO version just won't do

Should have known that ghost will come back to haunt.  :clap:

Ha ha ha...

This is a interesting subject.

I normally send a picture 1st of whatever I want to buy to the misses, Then the typical "don't you have that on your bike?" follows.

A simple "but is carbon my love" follows and then it comes.

How much....? as we all know its normally half the actual price less 10% ;)

and then just to top it off i tell her that I can sell the old parts on the hub for almost what I paid :clap: :devil:

Archived