Team Transfers and Rumours 20/21

Cav'

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read somewhere now that it was strictly money. His salary was still that of a Neo-Pro Minimum Wage i.e. $36 000 for the stellar season he had in 2020 & he is the former u23 World Champ. They were not willing to re-negotiate his existing salary. His reported per annum salary from the new team will go from +-$100 000 to +-2 mil.

Every time I read his new salary it goes up 1m and his previous salary goes down to minimum. He wasn't on on minimum in 2020. That was 2019. He wont be paid 2m unfortunately. 

Every time I read his new salary it goes up 1m and his previous salary goes down to minimum. He wasn't on on minimum in 2020. That was 2019. He wont be paid 2m unfortunately.

per annum not monthly

Every other report is also reporting in different currency. Some in US dollar, some in Swiss francs

Some in euro and some in GBP, all adding to the legend.

What appears to be the most accurate information is that he is being paid a p@#s lot more than he was at Sunweb. Stands to reason. His value went up. Old team probably doesn't have the money to raise the remuneration and UAE can pay him a salary that reflects his true value more accurately.

why all announcements today?

No, today too[emoji6]

UAE have a real gem on their hands.. he was one of the riders that impressed me so much last year and what I saw of him in 2019.

Correct; both figures aren’t correct

I wouldn't expect correct figures in the media unless a copy of the contract was leaked or he told the media what the figure is. Those numbers are always just speculation

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...