Fight Fans: Mayweather vs Mcgregor

Imploder

Will the weight of the gloves make a difference? The way I see it, FM has won majority of his fights with 8oz so is used to them. CM usually fights with much lighter gloves(think 4oz?) so these are "a lot" heavier. Also CM's stats show his fights are often only about 5/6 rounds so swinging that heavier glove for longer might tire him out a bit.

I am still hoping CM wins, but FM doesn't have 49-0 for no reason, he can run away from his opponent really well and make the hits when they count.

Think the glove weight depends on the weight class.. the lighter the weight class the lighter the weight of the glove. .but the commission has agreed to let them fight with 8oz gloves normally with a 154lbs fight it would be 10oz..and the commission has apparently received a bit of flack for allowing the lighter gloves for this fight... but hey..

Suppose everyone that can is in on this cash grab.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This fight is a complete farce in my books, but man I still just can't stop following it and I'm actually a bit bummed I'm likely to miss it as I have a running race on Sunday morning...

Very disappointed in myself :blush: :D

[emoji23] [emoji23]

Indeed a fiasco. .but hard not to get caught up in the hype..very embarrassed to admit that I have watched that all access TV show.[emoji17]

Mayweather must be like.. I see your one flat green car and I raise you [emoji6]

55456c3f7c96ce2d1dce3ad1b6a029b1.jpg

For AT LEAST $US 30 Million per Gulfstream this is what you get for your $$$ 

post-182-0-10323300-1503646958_thumb.png

[emoji23] [emoji23]

Indeed a fiasco. .but hard not to get caught up in the hype..very embarrassed to admit that I have watched that all access TV show.[emoji17]

If you have Duran Duran as your 'I support Conor' 'Notorious' ring tone, you have gone too far!

The lighter gloves also "hit harder", but that will favor both fighter and boxer (see what I did there....)

I see it play down like this.

Conor to start fast, hoping to land a few haymakers on Mayweather, before the latter can get into his stride.

Should the fight then go past round 5, cuts excluded, Mayweather should have the upper hand, being technically the better boxer, and used to go into the latter, or as it's called, the championship rounds.

But Mayweather cannot relax for a second, as Conor is an excellent counter puncher, and packs a mean left hook, which he can throw from almost any position. And with him being a southpaw, that will be his main weapon.

My head says Mayweather for the win, but there is always the chance that Conor will land that one punch. I just hope that he will not rely on just that one punch, 'cause if he does, he will be in for a torrid time.

Even though most says this is a farce, I'll be infront of the TV from 05h00 onwards on Sunday.

Edited by Wannabe

If you have Duran Duran as your 'I support Conor' 'Notorious' ring tone, you have gone too far!

I don't like McGregor so that isn't going to happen..actually I don't particularly like either one of them. But I have enjoyed watching some clips of Mayweather previous fights again, reminded how good he is at defending and also his speedball work..[emoji33] .. I am not a fan of MMA it's a bit too brutal for my liking.

It's like when you watch cute cat videos..you end up watching all sorts of videos. .so I came across a panel discussion with Sugar Ray and his take on the fight..and ended up watching some of his fights again ha ha ha..and came across the Mayweather - De La Hoya fight again.

Edited by Gen

So what did Sugar Ray had to say? (one of my all time favorite boxers)

Here is the clip..think he was many people's favourite.. my dad absolutely loved him..so of course so did I..of course I loved everything my dad liked. .[emoji6] I wonder what he would've said about all this ..probably that Mayweather is stupid and too old to box again and that McGregor is a palooka and add it's a farce.[emoji23] [emoji23] ..funny how certain things just make you all nostalgic and sentimental. .(high jack off)

https://youtu.be/4d4XbZ4qxKA

Edited by Gen

Excellent summary from Sugar Ray.

Couldn't help but enjoy those air jabs Sugar threw while talking..see how damn quick those hands are.

I don't like McGregor so that isn't going to happen..actually I don't particularly like either one of them. But I have enjoyed watching some clips of Mayweather previous fights again, reminded how good he is at defending and also his speedball work..[emoji33] .. I am not a fan of MMA it's a bit too brutal for my liking.

It's like when you watch cute cat videos..you end up watching all sorts of videos. .so I came across a panel discussion with Sugar Ray and his take on the fight..and ended up watching some of his fights again ha ha ha..and came across the Mayweather - De La Hoya fight again.

Cat videos? CAT VIDEOS??! If I am ever shown another cat video by the light of my life, I may actually get up at 5am in lieu of a lobotomy.

Oh he doesn't need money..he just likes money..just because he owes the tax man money doesn't mean he doesn't have it..it just probably means he can't remember where he forgot that bag of money..

But yeah the way he spends what he has it won't last forever, also they do get taken for a ride by their entourage...not the smartest tools in the shed.. like most boxers..they seem to burn through it really fast..

From what has been seen, he doesn't need it now, but at the rate that he spends, he certainly will need it soon.

The sport of boxing needs Conor to win.

I don't get boxing, but why? If he does, all it proves is that one of it's best is either old or not that great after all?

Although if things are going slowly and M'er is defending and the crowd start baying for them to 'Box! Box! Box!' I suppose he could legitimately ask for the first time 'Who are they shouting for?'

(Yeah, I know I am old and grumpy but the money going to this thing peels my banana)