Fight Fans: Mayweather vs Mcgregor

Imploder

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly as predicted.

Conor with his different skill set (not being a traditional boxer) had Mayweather thinking for the first few rounds, even asked a few pertinent questions from him.

Once Mayweather had him sussed out, and going into the later rounds, it was one way traffic, just as I predicted.

Conor, not being used to just boxing, and never been in such a long fight, just did not have the stamina to make it a fair contest in the latter rounds. I'm quite sure Mayweather would have put him down if the Ref allowed it to continue. This is where his years of 12 round boxing helped him, even as a 40 year old.

Was it pretty?  NO

Was it what the fans wanted? YES

Was it the result the fans wanted? NOT SURE

Was it the result that could be reasonable predicted? YES

Did both fighters make a boat full of money? HELL YEAH

Do we want a repeat? HELL NO!!!

All this prooved is that MMA is a farce. Mcgregor couldnt last 3 rounds against a boxer 12years his senior. He should go back to brawling now.

All this prooved is that MMA is a farce. Mcgregor couldnt last 3 rounds against a boxer 12years his senior. He should go back to brawling now.

That's a pretty big statement. Farce? No! Different sport, yes!

If you put FM in an octagon what do you think will happen?

FM is not stupid enough to claim that he wil kick Mcgregors head of in the octagon.

Mayweather is the better athlete, boxing demands that. Mcgregor was huffing and puffing all red like beetroot after 10minutes.

FM is not stupid enough to claim that he wil kick Mcgregors head of in the octagon.

Mayweather is the better athlete, boxing demands that. Mcgregor was huffing and puffing all red like beetroot after 10minutes.

Of course FM is the better boxer. Nobody is stating differently.

But you said MMA is a farce because a MMA fighter lost a boxing match against a boxer.

Of course FM is the better boxer. Nobody is stating differently.

But you said MMA is a farce because a MMA fighter lost a boxing match against a boxer.

They claim to be "ultimate fighters" no? Jacks of all trades, masters of none obviously. If there is a rematch he must atleast pitch up fit.

I'm not sure if this was Froomey taking on Spartacus in a hilly timetrial or Spartacus taking on Froomey up Alpe d'Huez but I suspect one is far more suited to the other. Oh well, kaching, kaching

he would probably get some more love taps on the back of the head. "Knock knock"