Fight Fans: Mayweather vs Mcgregor

Imploder

I'm trying to work out how they are going to manufacture the rematch... Floyd will win on Sunday, no question about that, but there will be a big scandal of sorts to set up a rematch I would wager.

McGregor with some kind of illegal disqualification... elbow, headbutt.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to work out how they are going to manufacture the rematch... Floyd will win on Sunday, no question about that, but there will be a big scandal of sorts to set up a rematch I would wager.

McGregor with some kind of illegal disqualification... elbow, headbutt.

No rematch...its a once off BS

No rematch...its a once off BS

Too much money to be made and two openly money grubbing athletes... I'll be incredibly surprised if they can't wangle a way for there to be a rematch.

Too much money to be made and two openly money grubbing athletes... I'll be incredibly surprised if they can't wangle a way for there to be a rematch.

Not going to happen

$188 million for Mayweather for this fight alone.

How much more do they want?

The boxing fans are not even buying it.Tickets not sold out and prices cut to sell them

I certainly won't waste my time to get up and watch it.

$188 million for Mayweather for this fight alone.

How much more do they want?

He earned 250 for the Pacquia fight... and yet we're here.

And this is relatively easy money compared with fighting the Pacman (past his prime)

He earned 250 for the Pacquia fight... and yet we're here.

And this is relatively easy money compared with fighting the Pacman (past his prime)

He lost to Jeff Horn from Australia in July

The odds on Conor McGregor beating Floyd Mayweather have shortened dramatically in light of the news that the Nevada State Athletic Commission had approved a late request from both men to wear 8oz rather than 10oz gloves.

The two met are set to meet on August 26 at the junior-middleweight weight limit of 154 pounds, which meant that 10oz boxing gloves are mandatory according to NASC rules. But on Wednesday, the Commission announced that they would relax the 10oz law on a one-time only basis.

Both men had submitted an appeal to fight with 8oz gloves instead. Mayweather had nearly all of his 49 professional wins using 8oz gloves, which may accentuate one of his advantages - his hand speed. Meanwhile McGregor preferred the lighter gloves since he is used to the fingerless, 4oz gloves typically worn in MMA.

So who will be watching and from where?

I'n not a boxing fan, actually know nothing about it!! However this I believe (hope) will be something worth watching. So far the plan is to go to Hooters Fourways and watch it there.

Do you guys have to pay extra to watch the fight live?

On our satellite provider (SKY) we have to something like 24 GBP to watch it

I guess that's why team sky cycling team is where it wet equipment and riders.... Somone has to pay

I guess that's why team sky cycling team is where it wet equipment and riders.... Somone has to pay

DSTV

Nope. It is broadcasted live on SuperSport, DSTV. However the entrance at Hooters is R100.00, or 5.90GBP at the current exchange