2017 Tour de France Fantasy League

Nick

Week 1 = I had 2 of my team over 200 points and 2 over 100 points (7 active members)

Week 2 = I had 3 of my team over 100 points (7 active members) 

Week 3 = Have active 6 team members left and only have ONE team member over 100 points, with the other 5 members have an average of 18.8 points per member - and above that 2 of them have ZERO / NADA / F-ALL points this week  :eek:  :nuke:  need to re-think the choices in 2018  :cursing:

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about De Gendt for most combatitave? He has been in every break of the tour...

Can't really argue with your logic - I forgot about him. Barguil's got results on his side so not sure how much that counts (oh and he is French which helps a lot in this tour)

What about De Gendt for most combatitave? He has been in every break of the tour...

it's quite a subjective thing - 

calmejane and contador have got it twice each.

barguil and de gendt are amongst a host of others who got it just once.

last year it went to Sagan (who was chasing green), before then Bardet(who was chasing polka)

In that case, my vote goes for Dan Martin (not because he is on my team) - one of the only GC people to consistently try things.

(ok a lot because he is on my team)

Done a few little sums based on the last three guys I think are in the mix...

Dexter, Scott and Swiss

Dexter leads Swiss by 197 points and Scott by 227 points

As things stand there are only 4 riders different between each team - They all have Bardet, Froome, Greipel and Yates, so I have removed them from the equation for this.

So to simplify their teams for these last three stages are simple:

Team Dex

Aru, Quintana, Martin and Contador

Can't see any of these guys scoring more points frankly beyond their finishing places in their respective cats. So points based on their current standings in the various jerseys;

Aru - 40 points

Quintana - 0

Martin - 36 & 14 points

Contador - 20 & 12 Points

Total 122 points with Contador a possible outsider for most combative

Team Swiss

Likely to score at least another 30-50 points through Matthews and Kung. Swiss should also really be hoping the break doesn't stay away today - more points for Matthews could be pure gold! And of course that would mean no points for De Gendt!
Mattthews - 50 & 45 for three more stages in green. Quite possibly more points today or on the final stage.

De Gendt - 32 & 16 and possibly more today if the break holds out. Also a definite contender for most combative.

Kung - 0 (likely points in the TT)

Meintjies - 40 & 28

Total 211 points (108 behind Dex) with more points to come (50 odd I would hazard a guess) and De Gendt probably favourite for the 100 Combative points

Team Scott

Kristoff - 24 with more likely on the final stage and quite possibly the TT too.

De Gendt - 32 & 16 and possibly more today if the break holds out. Also a definite contender for most combative.

Meintjies - 40 & 28

Barguil - 50 + 24 + 45 (119 total) and I'd say the other favourite for most combative

Total 259 (90 points behind Dex) with likely some more points from Kristoff and very likely the most combative 100 points award between De Gendt and Barguil

Most combative is huge... will almost certainly decide this all.

Scott and Swiss strong finishes have put them right within striking distance of Dex

If Contador takes most combative, Dex wins

If Barguil takes most combative, then Scott I reckon wins

And if in the likely case De Gendt takes it, we'll have three players within a couple dozen points of one another and it will come down to individual results in the TT and final sprint where the positioning of Kristoff versus Matthews could just about decide it all.

Good luck to the last 3 men standing, hope those nails are nice and neat  :thumbup:  

De Gendt with some nice bonus points for Scott and Swiss... And EBH's win keeping 2nd placed Sam in the mix. No Barguil, Matthews or a likely combative sees him still likely slipping off the podium in my calcs

Done a few little sums based on the last three guys I think are in the mix...

Dexter, Scott and Swiss

Dexter leads Swiss by 197 points and Scott by 227 points

As things stand there are only 4 riders different between each team - They all have Bardet, Froome, Greipel and Yates, so I have removed them from the equation for this.

So to simplify their teams for these last three stages are simple:

Team Dex

Aru, Quintana, Martin and Contador

Can't see any of these guys scoring more points frankly beyond their finishing places in their respective cats. So points based on their current standings in the various jerseys;

Aru - 40 points

Quintana - 0

Martin - 36 & 14 points

Contador - 20 & 12 Points

Total 122 points with Contador a possible outsider for most combative

Team Swiss

Likely to score at least another 30-50 points through Matthews and Kung. Swiss should also really be hoping the break doesn't stay away today - more points for Matthews could be pure gold! And of course that would mean no points for De Gendt!

Mattthews - 50 & 45 for three more stages in green. Quite possibly more points today or on the final stage.

Kung - 0 (likely points in the TT)

Meintjies - 40 & 28

Total 211 points (108 behind Dex) with more points to come (50 odd I would hazard a guess) and De Gendt probably favourite for the 100 Combative points

Team Scott

Kristoff - 24 with more likely on the final stage and quite possibly the TT too.

Meintjies - 40 & 28

Barguil - 50 + 24 + 45 (119 total) and I'd say the other favourite for most combative

Total 259 (90 points behind Dex) with likely some more points from Kristoff and very likely the most combative 100 points award between De Gendt and Barguil

Most combative is huge... will almost certainly decide this all.

Scott and Swiss strong finishes have put them right within striking distance of Dex

If Contador takes most combative, Dex wins

If Barguil takes most combative, then Scott I reckon wins

And if in the likely case De Gendt takes it, we'll have three players within a couple dozen points of one another and it will come down to individual results in the TT and final sprint where the positioning of Kristoff versus Matthews could just about decide it all.

Good luck to the last 3 men standing, hope those nails are nice and neat  :thumbup:  

Feeling slightly nervous...

LOL thanks for taking the effort to try work it out

I'm banking on Kuhn (zero points so far) and Mathews over the weekend

TBH I think Dexters got it... i'm not keen on a disc road bike  :whistling: 

Week 1 = I had 2 of my team over 200 points and 2 over 100 points (7 active members)

Week 2 = I had 3 of my team over 100 points (7 active members) 

Week 3 = Have active 6 team members left and only have ONE team member over 100 points, with the other 5 members have an average of 18.8 points per member - and above that 2 of them have ZERO / NADA / F-ALL points this week  :eek:  :nuke:  need to re-think the choices in 2018  :cursing:

I see your active riders in week 6, with 2 having zero - and raise the bet to 5 riders with fokkol zero points.  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:

post-1372-0-42756200-1500662751_thumb.png

It's a pity you didn't read the fine print of the competition rules. You need to be in the country to receive the prize. If not it goes to the person in 116th position.

I like that... 106th place - I'm only 10 places ahead and anything is possible come Sunday afternoon.

It's a pity you didn't read the fine print of the competition rules. You need to be in the country to receive the prize. If not it goes to the person in 116th position.

Which today, is ME! lol

Meintjes is 2 min behind Yates. 7th and 8th on GC. 4th and 39th on the fantasy leaderboard!

1. No points for second place in the jersey scoring categories;
  2. Besides a few top 10 places on a few stages, the Maincheese has been very quiet this year - pretty much like a few sprinters;
  3. The FantasyTour isn't only about the GC.

But with 126 points coming his way for 8th (GC) and 2nd (white), he will finish closer to the top 20.

My math is showing Team Scott with the win - Kristoff to score some stage points today and carry.

Congrats! I'll still check tonight after the flight hoping I made a basic error...

My math is showing Team Scott with the win - Kristoff to score some stage points today and carry.

Congrats! I'll still check tonight after the flight hoping I made a basic error...

I'll leave it in the lap of the Gods and mathematicians.... Off to play golf this afternoon and when I come back it will be all over, done and decided 

Admin where can i pick up my bike  :w00t: 

Good Luck  :thumbup: