2017 Tour de France Fantasy League

Nick

Week 1, only chose 8 riders in my team.... but that would have not made any difference as i left Valverde out by mistake. Then lost Cav, Sagan and Porte. Forced to use all subs. 

Week 2, Loose on of my subs, Majka and down to 7 riders, but wait that's not all have had Janse Van Rensburg in my team all along scoring a grand total of 0 points, so effectively only 6 riders in my team. Was really sure RJVR would be in the attack more often. 

Week 3, oh well can't really get any worse. 

Still in at 247, so there must be some really K@k teams out there.

OR guys who picked a team that only just touched on the sprint peacocks and like Berty, will make up a lot of ground in week 3  :ph34r:

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first time playing this in 4/5 years... a bit out of touch with Pro racing sadly, but it's always fun to have a little something extra going on when following a big sporting event.

Like Jewbacca states, there must be some seriously ugly looking teams out there as I'm also around top 200 and I've had a shocker to say the least.

I blame it all on Tony Martin frankly, he kicked things off on the wrong foot... I mean come on, time trial world champion, on home turf, at the start of the tour, to wear yellow for around a week - it's written in the bloody stars surely. Geraint Friggen Thomas - give me a break  :cursing:

He better at least get me a stage win this last week in the TT

I made a few correct calls - Contador past it, Quintana trying the double, but then all the wrong calls - Valverde over Bardet, Fuglsang over Aru (I had to go with the Dauphine winner), Bouhani over Demare. Don't even get me started on the logic of picking three white jersey candidates  :blush:

Whoever's got Warren Barguil out of the top guys is in with a really good shout - the KOM jersey is such a hard call to get right.

Thanks for the fun, been very lekker

Next year I'm gonna mean business  :ph34r:  :lol:

Admin!

Can we please open substitutions until the racing actually starts? Gilbert has abandoned and I couldn't swap earlier.

Admin!

Can we please open substitutions until the racing actually starts? Gilbert has abandoned and I couldn't swap earlier.

Oh dear

In the same position

Admin!

If you want rules changed after the fact, contact the UCI and ASO.

Oh, and tell them you are French, seems to help.

My first time playing this in 4/5 years... a bit out of touch with Pro racing sadly, but it's always fun to have a little something extra going on when following a big sporting event.

Whoever's got Warren Barguil out of the top guys is in with a really good shout - the KOM jersey is such a hard call to get right.

extremely hard to pick. I had a look at the betting odds before the tour, Barguil wasn't even mentioned as one of the top15 guys for the polka dot.

Although it does seem funny that no one but de gendt seems to be going for it with not that many mountain top finishes it's a much more open competition this year, roglizc is there only because of breaks.

highest placed team with Barguil - http://fantasytour.bikehub.co.za/team/175

scott in 6th, 276 points back

highest placed team with Uran uran,

http://fantasytour.bikehub.co.za/team/818

Sam in 2nd, 95 points nack

Edited by rider#35

Admin!

We'll consider stretching the sub window as you suggest in future editions, but for this year we'll stick with the rules as set out.

We'll consider stretching the sub window as you suggest in future editions, but for this year we'll stick with the rules as set out.

Bet you don't have Gilbert in your team :whistling:

Bet you don't have Gilbert in your team :whistling:

I don't, but I can't win the prize either way. 

Aah, flip... I forgot to make changes to my team... [emoji85]

Lost my third rider when Démare pulled out, so I didn't have to sub anyone. I just thought that a (cabinet) reshuffle might ignite a spark in the 9 active riders I have at my disposal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aah, flip... I forgot to make changes to my team... [emoji85]

[Monty python voice] absolute luxury [\monty python voice]

Lost my third rider when Démare pulled out, so I didn't have to sub anyone. I just thought that a (cabinet) reshuffle might ignite a spark in the 9 active riders I have at my disposal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk